Small Coil Price- A Listing By One Dealer-- Seems Has Others Things "in Stock"

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Saw this listing.

The prices for all Equinox coils was set at zero until recently but seems now a price is reflected on the smaller coil.

Don't know how much stock to put in this here, but thought I would share.

https://www.bigboyshobbies.net/minelab-equinox-06-double-d-smart-coil

https://www.bigboyshobbies.net/minelab-wm-08-wireless-audio-module

https://www.bigboyshobbies.net/minelab-equinox-bluetooth-headphones

Wow, I just looked up the WM08 for a second one for my son and I to hunt until I can cut him loose when he is comfortable.  It is frigging 29% of the MSRP of the 800!  Hard pass :)  Excited to see some people out there with the 6" and see what kind of depth it offers!

1 hour ago, Sinclair said:

Yikes!  The 15 is going to be EXPENSIVE!  My guess is $279 MAP.

Lol.  If you buy the WM08 and BT headphones as "Accessories" for your E600 that will only cost you $400 additional vs. the $250 additional the E800 costs vs. the E600 if MAP holds.  Hello, third party BT APTX LL options. :ohmy:  That is a real head scratcher and could result in some backlash by 600 users.  I could see perhaps a $50 premium, perhaps.  But $150???

The WM08 receive only module that is only compatible with Equinox is only $10 less than the $269 ML Pro-Sonic wireless receiver and transmitter system that is compatible with practically any detector.  :happy:

While the WP wired headphones and 6" coil prices are nearly within reason, I think our fears of potential ML steep pricing on accessories have been realized at least as far as the wireless accessories are concerned.  Wonder if this is a calculated marketing move to steer subsequent "casual detectorist" sales towards the 800.  Cynical thought, I know, but really, 600 buyers, ouch! :blink:

I don't even use the WM08.. I just use my wireless headphones from the 800 and leave the module in my truck. I may buy a set of wireless for the 600 but that's it for me..

35 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Lol.  If you buy the WM08 and BT headphones as "Accessories" for your E600 that will only cost you $400 additional vs. the $250 additional the E800 costs vs. the E600 if MAP holds.  Hello, third party BT APTX LL options. :ohmy:  That is a real head scratcher and could result in some backlash by 600 users.  I could see perhaps a $50 premium, perhaps.  But $150???

The WM08 receive only module that is only compatible with Equinox is only $10 less than the $269 ML Pro-Sonic wireless receiver and transmitter system that is compatible with practically any detector.  :happy:

While the WP wired headphones and 6" coil prices are nearly within reason, I think our fears of potential ML steep pricing on accessories have been realized at least as far as the wireless accessories are concerned.  Wonder if this is a calculated marketing move to steer subsequent "casual detectorist" sales towards the 800.  Cynical thought, I know, but really, 600 buyers, ouch! :blink:

Was thinking the same thing man.  Not going to sell many at that price...  Now even more 600s will sit on the shelf.