Another Equinox Not Charging

Dan(NM)

I read somewhere on their site that warranted parts carry a 6 month warranty  period. It will be interesting to see how they handle this as time goes by since the control pod is the only "part". I can see a cottage industry developing as the warranty ends with methods of zapping the control pod to get a fresh one if it has another three year warranty implied. My guess will be after a year or two of use the  new control handle will carry a "prorata" warranty extending it no more than 6 months beyond the original warranty product. Welcome to the world of non serviceable electronics.

50 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I read somewhere on their site that warranted parts carry a 6 month warranty  period. It will be interesting to see how they handle this as time goes by since the control pod is the only "part". I can see a cottage industry developing as the warranty ends with methods of zapping the control pod to get a fresh one if it has another three year warranty implied. My guess will be after a year or two of use the  new control handle will carry a "prorata" warranty extending it no more than 6 months beyond the original warranty product. Welcome to the world of non serviceable electronics.

This will do the trick !     

http://usb-killer.com/

On 8/21/2018 at 11:37 PM, phrunt said:

Probably not, Usb killers take the 5v from the (VCC) wire and charge their capacitors to 200v and then send that 200v down the positive data wire (+D) which was never designed to take power.  A lot of modern usb products have protection from this as faulty chargers can also blow ports.

The Nox wasn't designed to output power from it's USB so if you used an adapter to plug one of these killers into your Nox charging cable it will do nothing as the Nox isn't outputting any power.

Wouldn't want to test the theory out! LOL!