Z7000 Plus Steelphase Sp01

Condor

The weather is finally starting to break here in Sunny Yuma.  Still hitting the high 80's but the mornings are decent.  I got out for a few hrs this morning to try out the new SteelPhase signal enhancer.  I picked one up from Rob at Rob's Detectors in Surprise, AZ.  I'm a sucker for every new piece of equipment that might give me an edge on the other guys.  I wired the SP01 directly to the Z7000 with my in-ear monitors (earbuds) plugged into the headphone jack of the unit, I didn't use the standard Minelab wireless module for this test.  I can't say I wouldn't have found this nugget without the SteelPHASE but it didn't hurt.  The signal was very faint in some pretty active ground.  After I was fairly certain I had a faint signal I ran through the "filters" on the SP01.  Position 3 really dulls all the tones, but the faint target signal was still pretty clear.  Position 2 seemed to be the best.  It was a long tedious dig getting through the interlocking rocks of a deep desert gully.  At about 18 inches I was down to sensitivity level 1 on the detector and still having trouble with the tone overload.  I got out my new and unused Minelab Pro-Find pinpointer (more toys) and bingo, pinpoint problems solved.  The 2 nuggets were actually attached by a thin strand of gold but came apart when I tried to clean the dirt off.  A good morning all in all.  I have detected this gully at least half a dozen times, and I know that BeatUp has detected it at least as many times.  I saw BeatUp's well covered and concealed dig holes so it has been a producer in the past. 

Next time out I'll try and check targets with and without the SP01 to see what kind of difference there might exist.  1865088817_recentgold071.thumb.jpg.ec29c9819e1e20d9172a5ede84aca603.jpg

I got to hand it to you Steve well done,Eric left Idaho today so he will be there in sunny Yuma ether late tonight or Monday so soon you will have to see his holes in those gullies.

Super speci, WTG!

Very nice get there.

You might get another visitor to see you down there!

I played tourist today in the Mojave (Mohave) desert and came back with nada ... except some nice pictures.

The last time I was down your way I couldn't hunt the good areas because I didn't have 4WD but I do now.  The wife and son are still out of town so ...

I've got to go somewhere ... maybe Quartzsite.

Mitchel