No Doubt On This GPZ Opinion!

The only serious drawback is the price. If it were $6000 that would be a lot less complaining. Minelab has priced at how they have priced it for reasons that only they know. They have thought long and hard I'm sure projected how many they will sell at that price versus how many they would sell at some lower price – what affect pricing it lower would have on the rest of their product line, etc.

The price is a drawback for everybody – I'm sure nobody likes paying 10 grand for a detector. For significant number of people however it's not a barrier to acquiring one. If they know or believe that they will find significantly more gold with it than with any other detector then it's an investment, not an expenditure. Also folks who simply want the experience of having what is doubtless the best gold detector in the world right now - and can afford to pay what that experience costs - will buy one.

For me it's a bridge too far but I'm not going to criticize the machine for that.

Well put Steve. if only the knockers would realise that the testers would not put there integrity on the line to promote a product that did not live up to expectations and the damage they have done attacking that integrity. my only complaint so far is the depth of the bloody holes.

I think JP, Chris, and I were interested early on in being active on as many forums as possible simply answering questions as best we could. Sadly it just did not work out like that. It won't really matter though as ultimately the machine will prove itself in the goldfields. I know a year from now people will be able to look at our Treasure Talk blogs on the GPZ and know what the score is.