Next Chapter

tboykin

Well guys, it's been quite a ride the past 3 years! Working at White's has been the most fun and most challenging job I've ever had, and I am glad I took that path. But my career is taking a new and exciting turn and as of February 1st, 2019, I will no longer be employed at White's HQ in Sweet Home.

I have gained a lifelong hobby, many friendships, and learned from some of the best detectorists out there. The great thing about this change is that I will have more time for detecting, so even though I will no longer be posting on DP as a representative for White's Electronics, I'm hoping to share my finds and trips with you as a "civilian."

I wish White's the best of luck in 2019 and beyond.

tomandtim.thumb.jpg.3bf23316eea10b3def31e453fbd31b36.jpg

First trip to Nevada with Tim (far right) the guy who introduced me to metal detecting. The other guys allowed us to detect the ghost town on the ranch.

tominbrazil.thumb.jpg.3c75d898b0a18348d5e1924ca72b5198.jpg

Me in Brasil testing the GM24k.

TomNugget3pt4grains.thumb.jpg.d419040006f0a6f85ad188a29d4ee5d3.jpg

Last nugget found working for White's. Steve H. hunted with me and it is an experience I will never forget! That guy will forget more than most of us will ever know.

tomhalloween.thumb.jpg.e99941dd281404f9cecdee79775973c0.jpg

Bonus pic of me in my winning 2017 Halloween costume. Don't get any funny ideas, I'm married and straight (but what I do for fun on weekends is my own business).

Love the last photo - you are a gutsy guy Tom!!!

Tom, I just want to say how much I appreciate your keeping some direct communication lines open via the forums. It is a shame that White's will lose your enthusiasm and energy but I am sure you are doing what is best for you and your family. Hopefully you won't be a stranger here going forward, but no matter what best wishes to you and yours for a bright future. Take care.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:46 PM, phrunt said:

Well, that's sad news for Whites, sounds like you were a very good addition to their team, a big loss for them no doubt... People often indicated without you it would be another nail in the coffin for White's..  I hope that's not the case.

At least if the whole being a man thing doesn't work out you make a pretty lady :laugh: I'm still waiting on the army roll video out of your car you promised us :laugh:

I'm pleased you'll still be attending the forum as a mere mortal like the rest of us, it will open you up to freedom of speech on detectors at least ? I wish you luck in your new venture.

Thanks! I'm excited to spend more time in the bush looking for gold.

Tom, you  brought  from Whites .. to us a lot of positive Energy, ...I wish I could give you the positive energy you can ... continue in your life ..

19 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

Tom,... you came from Whites ...a lot of positive energy, I wish you positive energy to last in your life...

I appreciate that. If I can convince my wife to move to Northern Nevada that would help.

Best of luck in your new endeavors! Don't be a stranger - I know I am just another one of many who enjoyed your presence on the forums, and your involvement and desire for feedback in what otherwise seemed to be a plugged-ears industry.

Tom

I didn’t think I’d ever be lost for words but this has to be my first .

All I can do is wish you well and Thank You for your time you have spent here with us .

You make a point of coming back to show us your finds . We’ll all be here waiting for that day.

Chuck 

Tom,

It IS great knowing you and I enjoyed the few contacts we've had.  I hope they continue here on the DP Forums and elsewhere.  Do stay involved in this great sport.  It WAS a benefit for White's to have you in their employ and it's too bad you're not still there.  Kind of sad things are the way they are and I am sure many of us see this as more than just a bump in the road for White's.

I wish you all the best of success in the future, and that includes working in detecting jaunts that bring you rewards.

Monte