Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

Well, I got some swings in today on a local practice location.  I didn't have too much of a problem keeping it smooth but it is wet.  Found normal trash but no keepers today.

I'm on the move to drier locations tomorrow.

• Like 4

Best of luck on Sunday Mitchell. 

Sunday prayers in the Bush Church might help shine some light on the yellow  ?

On a different note, did you get a chance to get any Australiana souvenirs at the airport for Little Mitchell for when you go home?  Is he about 12 months old now? 

Adam,

The Bush Church had to wait.  Last night I saw the surf was going to be good at Bells Beach and I just had to go.  I got up and out of Reg's wonderful place before daylight.  He thought I was headed for Wedderburn but that will be tomorrow now.  I'm sitting in a motel in Bendigo that has a pretty bad WiFi connection so I can't really use the GeoVic.  I've got a couple of places marked so early up and out!

It is tougher getting organized and spotting up than I thought it was going to be.  I've only got about 4 hours of nugget hunting in so far.  I got a fishing weight and lure for my beach detecting efforts.

More later.

Mitchel

Oh ... Curtis is 16 months and I haven't shopped for him or his mom yet.  She did get some Mother's Day flowers from her boy!  haha  I'd be more organized with them here.

• Like 2

Simon,

I saw it in the Woolworth's tonight but I didn't buy any.  Some of the other snacks here are great.  I'll have to look for an Aussie snack store in Los Angeles when I get back!

Did you get out today?

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I got a fishing weight and lure for my beach detecting efforts.

Oh dear, that was a long drive for a poor return.  

Hope Wedderburn returns some yellow for you.  

Are you staying out that way tomorrow night or heading back to Bendigo?  

Reg's wonderful place

It is a beautiful home  ?

I'll P.M. you my email address, respond to it and I will send you a couple of spots.  2 near Bendigo and 1 near Marong.  

I got more than the weights out of the trip.  Before I could get down to the beach a guy a bit older than me came over when I was on the grass turning it on and said he was thinking about getting an 800.  I showed him some basics while his wife walked the dog and then he asked if I found any gold with it.  I said yes.  I said I was also going to Wedderburn after the beach and he said: "I live there!"  So he said I needed to look there for at least a week because it is not like it was 15 years ago.  His wife was calling him (I think she didn't want him to buy another detector) but he told me that someone got a 7 ouncer last week but it is very few and far between.

I rented this room for 2 nights so I'm just south of Bendigo and have an hour drive but I was told that Wedderburn doesn't really have any accommodations.  Have car will travel.

Bendigo is kinda nice.

I did get some good pictures at the beach.

IMG_9953.JPG

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I got more than the weights out of the trip.  Before I could get down to the beach a guy a bit older than me came over when I was on the grass turning it on and said he was thinking about getting an 800.  I showed him some basics while his wife walked the dog and then he asked if I found any gold with it.  I said yes.  I said I was also going to Wedderburn after the beach and he said: "I live there!"  So he said I needed to look there for at least a week because it is not like it was 15 years ago.  His wife was calling him (I think she didn't want him to buy another detector) but he told me that someone got a 7 ouncer last week but it is very few and far between.

I rented this room for 2 nights so I'm just south of Bendigo and have an hour drive but I was told that Wedderburn doesn't really have any accommodations.  Have car will travel.

Bendigo is kinda nice.

That’s the real gold of Australia,,,,the people!!!

i only got two more small pieces today and I’m in jeopardy of termination.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest AussieDigs

Bendigo is kinda nice.

I thought you were heading down for a surf!

Would have been very busy there post easter with the event.