Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

I assume you are on the ground and hunting somewhere in the GT Mitchell?  

How was the trip out?  

1 hour ago, Northeast said:

I assume you are on the ground and hunting somewhere in the GT Mitchell?  

How was the trip out?  

I got here yesterday and started my training.  We've 'slept in' late so far today in the rain and will go for another tour in a bit.  I might not get detecting until tomorrow after the heavy rains are over.  The temps are around 50 right now.

• Like 2

Looking out a marvelous picture window at roos everywhere and birds and wow!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Where are you that you can look out your window and see roos everywhere? in the outback already or across the road from a zoo? ?

They come and eat the grass on our front lawn this time of year. Most country towns have them invade after dark for food. See them everywhere I go in central vic. Ultra common.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Where are you that you can look out your window and see roos everywhere? in the outback already or across the road from a zoo? ?

I think he went straight out to Reg’s place.  Plenty of ‘roos in the bush out there. 

• Like 1

For your information Simon, Mitchel does not partake of alcohol. He has gone to Coiltek to check out some maps. The weather is very wet at the moment. The most rain for at least six months. Hopefully we may get to swing a coil tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Looking out a marvelous picture window at roos everywhere and birds and wow!

And Was-a-roos, I am told.  I understand those are the road kill roos.  Oops, not to bring things down.

The GPZ should do well in the rain.  I think it is one of it's strengths.  But then I don't have that rough of soil that you will be dealing with. I am really curious if you are going to be stuck in Difficult mode the whole time or not. 

Live it up, Mitchel!!

• Like 1

Andyy,

I don't know if 'stuck' would be the right word.  If I keep it smooth I'll be fine.  As Reg said it has been wet and windy all day.  Tomorrow I'm going out no matter what.  I hope to have something to show.

To back up just a bit, the flight was long and very strange because it was so quiet the entire time.  There was no daylight for the first 12 hours until getting over the Australian coast.  I had an aisle seat but if I had it to do over again I'd get a left hand window or right window seat.  

The plane parked a long distance from a gate and we took a bus and it was easy getting through customs with an electronic kiosk first and then a quick handoff to an agent.  I got to the baggage claim and my bags were already there.  A box with my detectors (without batteries) and my clothes/electric cords bag.  My batteries were in a bag with my laptop and were not held up by TSA.

Now I've been given some info and a general pointy finger and I ready to hunt some nuggets.  If it is still too wet (if I have to stand in a puddle) then maybe I'll head to a beach.

Mitchel

• Like 3