Xterra 705

Hello from London Town i got a question did any of you has run the 705 on prospecting mode on the wet sand...................friend of mine is using it on sites whom have been detected with dozens of machines and this is this only machine who will find tiny non ferrous artefact after them all.............i cant use it on the Thames but i just love the audio on Prospecting mode and would love to get one for the beach.

Thanks

RR

I runs easily in prospecting mode on the wet, just make your passes perpendicular to the water and you'll do fine.

Don't trust the nulling untill you've dug a few targets just to be sure.

Thanks John very useful i m really tempted to get one!!!Bu ti was wondering if you were able to pick up the micro gold on the wet....

RR

Sorry RR,... micro gold in a wet salty situation is a No Go.

It will pick up tiny stuff easily missed with a scoop, but micro gold haven't had that happen.

An SDC2300 which punches through the salt is a better option for micro goldish finds, but the lack of any disc will drive you crazy.

GoldBug II has iron disc, so it will do a little bit better than the 705 for the mirco stuff.

Where the 705 really shines is iron infested sites with the 6" HF coil in prospecting mode. You can go really slow and pick up non-ferrous. Sure it will null, however when you approach a signal from various angles it will show you the shape of the null. You just need it to high tone from one direction near a big iron null and it will dig that non-ferrous. The prospecting mode really paints a very decent picture of the target, you just need to let it all sink in. And go very slow.

The higher the frequency of the gold machine of your choice. The smaller the iron needs to be for it to disc it out and not call it large iron with a high tone false.

• Like 1

Thanks John it make sense.... i cant wait to get one now..............gonna look on the ebay of thieves .....there is a lot of new gear i got my eyes on coming out this year gonna try to be reasonable.........not:)

Have a nice week

RR

Dont live next to the beach ,but i am gonna get one i can get used unit for around £300 or 350 euros on the continent......will leave on loan to my mate to run extensive test....we are trying to find out what is the best machine for a particular type or research on the beach no for the gold sake of it but for the fun................gold finds will be extra and will of course keep you updated

RR