Minelab USA Price Increase Is Official. That Bites

I'm trying to keep up with a little business while soaking in some tropical waters....and drinks 🍸 during my Annual across the border vacation. 

I was just officially informed that the United States is also going to have a price increase at the beginning of the year.

Hopefully it's not a big one but those who are thinking of getting a new detector might as well act now. Plus, there's some Christmas Promos.

20231211_084805.thumb.jpg.bf5afa139dcb1f81bf2c01e5cb7322a6.jpg

Hard to tell how much of a bite it will be.

20231211_084951.thumb.jpg.b115b54bf828d9cefaa30d0d10271689.jpg

Interestingly, this find during the trip made me laugh so hard, some folks wondered what I dug that had me crying. 

I thought the metal in these was gold or platinum. Anyone on here in that field of work?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Oh my! 1

Looks like good craftsmanship.  I actually made dentures once probably cobalt /chrome  if there is metal . You'll need to floss !

But I'm curious.🧐 Do you put them in the good finds pocket or with the pop tops ? 

What were your settings ? 😜

• Like 1

Nice chompers, amigo! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Interestingly, this find during the trip made me laugh so hard, some folks wondered what I dug.

I thought the metal in these was gold or platinum. Anyone on here in that field of work?

I think the metal is titanium well that what they charged me for Carol's set.. These ones are made from UK gold sovereigns were found by brother in law. The nugget is a 2 Oz bit. By the way he found no bones that the detector could pick up 🤩

teeth1.JPG.e88b756a0f3f63055e88ee1ab24a0293.JPG  

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

With the high USD I'm really surprised Minelab are trying to cash in on the US market.

Maybe the chompers were lost by one of these fish, I hear they're in the US waters.

sheepheads-fish-teeth-01.thumb.gif.fe42364f46240e1382bfd9ff3a181d29.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Oh my! 2

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

With the high USD I'm really surprised Minelab are trying to cash in on the US market.

Maybe the chompers were lost by one of these fish, I hear they're in the US waters.

sheepheads-fish-teeth-01.thumb.gif.fe42364f46240e1382bfd9ff3a181d29.gif

Well I have caught one of these in a lake near me in Illinois.

fromlouyeager.jpg.69698008c4cf80d5ec4a420ffae45eb9.jpg

They only eat grass and moss, but they can scare you when you see their teeth.

16 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

A lot of that type of work is nickel.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

16 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Looks like good craftsmanship.  I actually made dentures once probably cobalt /chrome  if there is metal . You'll need to floss !

But I'm curious.🧐 Do you put them in the good finds pocket or with the pop tops ? 

What were your settings ? 😜

One of my customers is a dentist and follows my FB. He said many in the US are now using Cobalt because of the cost for gold would be 3 or 4x.

That kind of bums me, as I literally thought I had a mouthful of precious metal. 

I'm going to keep trying to find the owner and if not able, then on one of my displays of weird detector finds. 

• Like 2