Ringmoney

The Latest On The Deus V4 High Frequency Gold Coils

65 posts in this topic

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:32 AM, Ono said:

RR, can you provide more news from your friend regarding tests and settings on HF coil for nuggets?

So far he has been testing on silver tiny coins and the performances are pretty good,i will keep u updated when I got more "solid" news .

RR

1 person likes this

Also I may test and do a video on the Thames with Gary from XP for the elliptical  coil.............we are planning at the moment .

I am not familiar with the V4 yet as I have been busy at work and I want to do it right when I am gonna do it!

RR

On 5/8/2017 at 11:23 AM, Rivers rat said:

So far he has been testing on silver tiny coins and the performances are pretty good,i will keep u updated when I got more "solid" news .

RR

I just bought the 9" HF coil and tested a couple of hours in a non-mineralized soil. Unfortunately it didn't explode my feelings...

In a garden test with gold between 2 old irons... couldn't hear the gold...

With 11" black coil in V4  I picked up frequently targets of 1x5 mm (0.04x0.2") at depths of 5-15 cm (2-6"). These targets were old irons but seen as non-ferrous.

2 people like this

That's why I didn't invest yet...................I am still in 3.2 and with the XP old 9"....................no way I am spending extra money now that I master my F75 DST with the tiny elliptical........

RR 

1 person likes this

I have a theory - that is all it is. When chasing gold nuggets it is common for gold in mineralized ground to read ferrous. Many nugget detectors that feature ferrous disc either have it preset at a very conservative level or allow you to adjust it to be conservative. All this really means is you dig more ferrous to miss less gold.

Or a detector can be set so the operator digs less junk, but then they miss some good targets.

There is no magic solution here because the gold and ferrous ranges overlap. That's just the way it is. So all you can do is decide where you want to draw the line on a sliding scale. The Minelab X-Terra 705 Iron Mask function illustrates this very well:

minelab-xterra-705-iron-mask.jpg

I am just guessing that 3.2 is aimed more at "normal" users. V4 was obviously designed to enhance the gold capability of the Deus. One big factor was expanding the ferrous range lower because previously anything that fell in that very low ferrous range could not be detected by 3.2 no matter what you did. There may be other changes that make V4 less prone to missing gold but more prone to identifying ferrous targets as non-ferrous. This may require different thinking as far as how disc settings are applied in V4.

Gary Blackwell of XP has claimed in a recently posted XP instructional video about V4 software that older version 2 and 3.2 software "filters" were built into the Deep and Hot preset programs, respectively. Unfortunately he does not explain what that really means. However, person might start with the Hot program which supposedly employs 3.2 filtering and modify it to resemble whatever program you normally use and see how it compares on ferrous targets by flipping between the two.

1 person likes this