Eagle Buckle!

Ok folks. I know... Ron is posting $5 gold coins, and he finds Eagle Buckles as an aside! :)

Well, I'm fairly new to detecting, and have recently just found my first US Silver coins....
Actually, when i took my buddy here for the first time, he found an eagle buckle close by, but SOLD it for $130!
I thought he found the only Eagle buckle in my "hot spot" and he went and sold it! Figured I'd never see another one!
Well, persistence and patience!....

post-208-0-90781700-1423758359_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

OK... and NOT to flood Steve's pages...
I'll post my little run on U.S. coins here as a reply!.... First U.S. silver coin
on Jan 22- 1924-s Merc
     Jan 24- 1899 V Nickel
     Jan 25- 1887-s Seated Dime
Then a little dry spell, then this buckle on Feb 8th!   :)

Weird.... i can put a picture on the first post... but not on a reply? LOL... man, i should stick to digging, not computers! 

post-208-0-61051100-1423759236_thumb.jpg

post-208-0-23372400-1423759260_thumb.jpg

post-208-0-62480100-1423759277_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Paulito!!!  I also found a buckle last week. Its was made by the Wm. Taussig Co. in about 1853. It is complete with both halves and adjusting dee and in excellent condition. I'm so danged clumsy on a computer that it takes me hours to load photos and move them around but I'll do it when I have time.

Ray; this is a stamped buckle. To get you a better photo I'll have to get a better photographer but I'll see what I can do.

Your computer guy/photographer might be back in the country in a few days LOL