Found A Virgin Patch

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful nuggets Scott, congratulations following-up your research with persistence in the field. That specimen above is absolutely in the twilight zone. WTG!!!  :)

Jim.

I got fooled yesterday in the patch. I've been gridding the area very meticulously. I went over a previously dug hole of mine. Got another hit. So I uncovered the hole, still getting a signal. I then remembered I had pulled a small bit of iron from the hole previously. So I dug. Signal still there. Scraped some more, out of the hole. So I pinpointed the target, but it sounded funny. Got it in the scoop, halved it down. Ran my pick magnet over it and low and behold , another piece of iron. Sum bitch! So I rechecked the hole, nothing. So I scanned the pile, another signal. Got it in the scoop. BOOM! A funny shaped, porous 1 gram piece of gold. I got punked by the 7000! But stayed with it and got the gold in the end.

Scott

If you need someone to dig for you and carry the big ones, let me know.                                                                               Norm