Anyone Still Using / Prefer Version 1.5.0 Instead Of 1.7.5 ?

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Quite a bit was made of ferrous falsing with the 6" coil a year ago after the upgrade, but nothing much seemed to come of it.

I did some limited testing with two Equinox 800 both set up with 6" coils on tiny gold nuggets in bad soil. Short story is I could discern no real difference. There appears to be little downside to going to 1.7.5 from my use so far and with 1.5.0 having the known issue with silver on edge I am going all in with 1.7.5 and not looking back. Thanks for the feedback folks. :smile:

Equinox - How To Check Version Or Rollback To Older Version

Thread asking same question a year ago

It also fixes the dreaded user profile reset bug.  So, yeah, 1.7.5 seems to be the way to go. It has been slmost a year since the last update.  But I can't really think of anything compelling that can be addressed by a simple software fix.  Would really like to see the functions of the user profile button and frequency select buttons swapped, but at this point I would probably hate it because I am so used to the existing configuration.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 5:13 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Is there anyone that for any reason still prefers the older version 1.5.0 software over the newer 1.7.5? If so, why? Just curious.

Equinox - How To Check Version Or Rollback To Older Version

Thread asking same question a year ago

I have only had 1 update since the machine came out . Have there been more ? Dont even know which mine is .

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I wonder if 1.7.5 is going to be the only update, I'd love if they'd fix the pinpoint volume problem where it's very quiet and you have to either wait for it to come right or flick pinpoint mode off and on to get it to come right.  Mine does it almost every time I use pinpoint mode.

Weird, mine has never done that. If anything I wish I could set the pinpoint volume lower. I'm pinpointing, I already know the target is there. No reason at all to blast my ears with a full volume scream.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'll film it and show you.. seeing it happens almost every time so it won't be hard to capture.  Busy day today so I'll do it tomorrow.

That would be good because it's just as likely I dont know what your talking about and mine does do it.