XP Orx Finding An Arizona Nugget (.60 Gram)

4 hours ago, MannyScoot said:

My collection is growing these were found within the last 30 days ..... I hunt locations on Google Earth Pro ...... and use the MRDS ..... 

MRDS describes metallic and nonmetallic mineral resources throughout the world (select Arizona). Included are deposit names, locations, commodities, deposit description, geologic characteristics, production, reserves, resources, and references. The Six dirty nuggets in my hand came out of the same hole...... 

If you feel like starting a "how to" post on what that all means and how to do it I will be an interested party!

• Like 2

This was in Cave Creek ..... Take old mine road from Cave Creek....... Take it toward the mountains and start climbing to the top, it dead ends at a BLM claim that's locked but don't claim jump take the left side of the road and it will dead end where a mountain side collapsed....... Keep going on foot another 1.5 to two miles up until you reach the quartz vein..... Can't miss it .....

On 11/29/2019 at 1:41 PM, Dean Stone said:

Man you need a pinPointer, You can dig much more with less time trying to find it.

Pin pointers are not that great for gold Nugs. Yes they can be used. They just dont react to small nugs very well. Now Australia type big hogs yep they find those. 

• Like 1
On 11/30/2019 at 4:29 PM, paradiceau said:

Scoot,

Don't pay attention to nay sayers, you are doing a lot right!  Nice job on research and determination.  Well done and wishing you much success going forward>

Jeff

We are not nay saying him. It is valuable help that if he follows he will keep adding to his growing stack of nuggets.

• Like 1

I would say the video would be a great video to show how not to retrieve a nug. A small nug say .10gram wont be found that way. Get a second scope. No dirt is dumped till both scopes are scanned. The scope with no beeps gets dumped in a single pile away from the hole. Some times you get two targets, one in each scope. Scan twice dump once lol.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DigsAlot said:

We are not nay saying him. It is valuable help that if he follows he will keep adding to his growing stack of nuggets.

Glad you said that.... I surely meant no ill intent or disrespect in my earlier comment, just speaking truth...imo

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DigsAlot said:

I would say the video would be a great video to show how not to retrieve a nug. A small nug say .10gram wont be found that way. Get a second scope. No dirt is dumped till both scopes are scanned. The scope with no beeps gets dumped in a single pile away from the hole. Some times you get two targets, one in each scope. Scan twice dump once lol.

I got my first target right away, the .22 cal casing and then after that I only had one target remaining (low signal)...... The Orx let's you know if there are more targets in the hole believe me, I kept scanning and heard something was still in the hole, I dug a hole before in Rio Verde Arizona and found (5) nuggets in the very large and deep hole they are the dirty ones in this picture (dirty ones on the right)......IMG_20191116_124705.thumb.jpg.6d46e9f434c2c21d071663d36d33ce56.jpg....... I .......

• Like 3