Gmx I Could Not Ground Balance In The Water

even though i dont own a GMX but a xlt spectrum , mx7 and the equinox 800.The first 2 arent waterproof.Even on the beach and in the water i always do my balancing on the ground.Never heard of balancing for the water in the water.All balancing is done on ground thats what i have learned.

Thank you. I've always tried to gb in the water. I'll do it on land from now on. Yesterday was 65 and sunny. Really nice out and for the next 7 days it's going to be 40 to low 50's and snow projected.

I'm going to ground in the water then like I've always done. Make complete sense to ground balance in the water. It could be completely different in the water than on land. Even fresh water like you said.

I quoted a passage from the manual about low mineralization and ground balancing problems. I have no idea what kind of mineralization Rick is dealing with at the lakes he is hunting. All I know is that when I have used my GM 24K and Equinox in shallow fresh water creeks and at a few fresh water lakes, there was no problem or difference if I ground balanced in the water or not. The ground balance numbers stayed roughly the same.  If I was in salt water I would definitely ground balance with the coil at least submerged.  Am I missing something here ?

Jeff

Not getting in the water this week. It's to cold. When I do I'll see what the ground balance number is with the Gmx in the water. On land it is 30.

In the water the Gold Kruzer mineral is 1 bar out of 5.

Over the years detecting I've experienced the same effect of submerging my coil in the water with different detectors so I doubt if its a flaw with the whites-I wonder if it could be do to a sudden temperature change that causes it to sound off-who knows good thing for me I dont hardly detect in water as most of my time is spent in the desert :cool: Mike C...:ph34r:

• Like 2

I would think about the temperature difference if a signal sounded when the coil was immersed .. ,,
....There is a question whether changing SAT will help more, for example....