Surgery Operation On TDI Bh Question.....

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I have used Minelab coils on the TDI and I found using a Minelab lower rod to be the easiest solution. I do like that the whites bolt is larger, as the Minelab bolts are marginal and tend to deform with use. I never actually broke one though. Still, I would have extra bolts in hand in the field if you go that route. The Whites rod where it meets the coil is too narrow by quite a bit and the bolt itself is over twice as thick. I drilled and shimmed on Minelab coil to work once, and it did, but went to using Minelab lower rods after that. The lock pin on the Minelab rod is single pin on bottom of rod. You have to rely on the twist lock mechanism alone to position the rod. Or install your own pair of side pins.

I'll do the same thing to suit a Minelab coil on the TDI rod..

Usually I prefer to have a lower shaft for each coil I use, rather than change coils on the same shaft...On the Ctx, little modification to use Coiltek stuff costed me a lot, destroyed the carbon original one💀.

Now I have another new one and don't cut it to let the cable naturally positioned, but I use it in the opposite sense both rod and coil😉

IMG_20200607_205316.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luis said:

I have a practically new platypus used only once, but it's double d. if you are interested

20191227_125209.jpg

20191227_125258.jpg

20191227_125216.jpg

Thanks....immensely...But I need it Mono😭

• Like 1

If you really want to do this, Serious Detecting has one for 10% off...

https://www.seriousdetecting.com/product/coiltek-12-x-8-platypus-mono-300x220mm-for-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-series-detectors/

Ewout Kozel, the owner, used to work for Minelab. Really nice guy, met him years ago at a convention. Contact him and ask if he will ship to you in Italy, tell him I sent you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If you really want to do this, Serious Detecting has one for 10% off...

https://www.seriousdetecting.com/product/coiltek-12-x-8-platypus-mono-300x220mm-for-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-series-detectors/

Ewout Kozel, the owner, used to work for Minelab. Really nice guy, met him years ago at a convention. Contact him and ask if he will ship to you in Italy, tell him I sent you.

I can't add more reactions for today🤣🤣🤣

Thanks Steve! I'll contact Immediately to arrange the deal!

12 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I really love the 8"design, but most important thing is that I realized the "magic behind"...If I'm correct, these coils and of course the machine, are usually running at higher delays as maded for some deep diving and generally larger objects.

25uS delay is the data I remember... Apparently this is not our preferred coil's range😭

Eric winds the coils to suit quick delays.....the photo's just show the physical design only.

I use both the 8'' Mono and 14x10'' Mono SeaHunter coils on my original Crossbow Pulse that was designed and built by George Overton who is the co-owner with Carl of the Geotech forum,the main reason why i chose new SeaHunter coils was at the time Regton had a sale on in the UK and i bought both coils for peanuts,mentioned this to George as he designed and built the Crossbow detectors and all that was required was plug change and i assume just wok out which leads go to the various terminals on the plug and if i recall correctly he also put a inline resistor or something like that just inside the main board so that the SeaHunter coils work at the correct level.The 8'' Mono coil has never come off the original Crossbow since the new coil was added.I will mention that my Crossbow is 'not' a diving machine but of course the coil is and half way up the shaft.

Also George Overton worked out the wiring so that Minelab coil can also work with this detector,but never really needed to go down that route,i also have a 5.5'' Mono coil that was built designed and built by Sven from Canada this small mono coil was originally designed for the Mirage PI machines that he occasionally build but will also work on both my Mirage and my Crossbow.The smaller coil especially on the Mirage is a deadly combination on ultra small gold jewellery.

These days i just use smaller coils on my TDI Pro,i think i have a few 8'' coil cases laying around in my garage that i have never used,one day i may decide to build a smaller coil again,but i doubt it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickUK said:

I use both the 8'' Mono and 14x10'' Mono SeaHunter coils on my original Crossbow Pulse that was designed and built by George Overton who is the co-owner with Carl of the Geotech forum,the main reason why i chose new SeaHunter coils was at the time Regton had a sale on in the UK and i bought both coils for peanuts,mentioned this to George as he designed and built the Crossbow detectors and all that was required was plug change and i assume just wok out which leads go to the various terminals on the plug and if i recall correctly he also put a inline resistor or something like that just inside the main board so that the SeaHunter coils work at the correct level.The 8'' Mono coil has never come off the original Crossbow since the new coil was added.I will mention that my Crossbow is 'not' a diving machine but of course the coil is and half way up the shaft.

Also George Overton worked out the wiring so that Minelab coil can also work with this detector,but never really needed to go down that route,i also have a 5.5'' Mono coil that was built designed and built by Sven from Canada this small mono coil was originally designed for the Mirage PI machines that he occasionally build but will also work on both my Mirage and my Crossbow.The smaller coil especially on the Mirage is a deadly combination on ultra small gold jewellery.

These days i just use smaller coils on my TDI Pro,i think i have a few 8'' coil cases laying around in my garage that i have never used,one day i may decide to build a smaller coil again,but i doubt it.

I'm fascinated by the "coilwork art"...

But basically there are two parts of the work in my mind.

The mechanical work, that I'm sure will not create me any problem and the technical work, to tune the coil to a specific balance of factors....Not to mention the control board where after the steps, further modifications are usually needed...

This is like chemistry, more than metal detecting for me...

So I decided to opt for a Coiltek Platypus Mono replacing the original coil.

I will only change the Minelab/White's type connector and mount a male/female waterproof combination which can give me the option to go back to the 12" original If I need...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I'm fascinated by the "coilwork art"...

But basically there are two parts of the work in my mind.

The mechanical work, that I'm sure will not create me any problem and the technical work, to tune the coil to a specific balance of factors....Not to mention the control board where after the steps, further modifications are usually needed...

This is like chemistry, more than metal detecting for me...

So I decided to opt for a Coiltek Platypus Mono replacing the original coil.

I will only change the Minelab/White's type connector and mount a male/female waterproof combination which can give me the option to go back to the 12" original If I need...

Sounds like a decent gameplan,the main coil that i use on my TDI Pro is the Coiltek 14x9 Mono that works on the detector straight out the box and works exceptionally well,main reason that i use that coil is 2 fold it was 'dirt cheap' brand new and the main thing is that its as light as a feather because its foam filled but of course that will be no good for use in water as the coil would want to float like a fishing float 🤣 .

Anyway i wish you good luck with your Coiltek conversion and look forward to see the finished job and your review on how it performs.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Sounds like a decent gameplan,the main coil that i use on my TDI Pro is the Coiltek 14x9 Mono that works on the detector straight out the box and works exceptionally well,main reason that i use that coil is 2 fold it was 'dirt cheap' brand new and the main thing is that its as light as a feather because its foam filled but of course that will be no good for use in water as the coil would want to float like a fishing float 🤣 .

Anyway i wish you good luck with your Coiltek conversion and look forward to see the finished job and your review on how it performs.

Hi SGD i got an 18" DETECH foam filled Coil if you want same plugs as TDI but you could use it as a floater or a life buoy😂😅

😆😂😅

Cant wait to see your project finished!!!!

RR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1