New Z Search Coil On Aussie Gold Hunters

I noticed last Night`s episode of Aussie Gold Hunters, are using the new Z search Coil on the GPZ 7000. Looks like it works well, if you can believe what you see, cheers sturt

There's a thread going on in here Sturt...

Yes, all okay. Just thought some people might like to see it in action. Looking pretty, attached to a nice gleaming brand new 7000. Should see all the huge nuggets it found. ( that show is getting way out of hand). Must have been quite a few Months back because someone mentioned a gold price some months ago, cheers sturt

• Like 2

yea, and finding all that gold on old workings near German Gully in an easy accessible area, every man and their dog would have hit that area over the years, the old workings are the obvious spot to hit, and the depth of the gold, right near the surface, missed for all of those years 🙂 ..... The shows getting more fake as the seasons go on, I guess they need to try keep it interesting, but who are they kidding?

• Like 2

Well Simon, there's one born every minute, and that show is designed for them. Every man has his price so they say, and it seems the producers have found theirs. Only a 'greenhorn' swallows such fakery, but hey, it sure sells detectors for the sponsors. As we say in Ozz, "come in spinner". Just a pity that they can't get stock out of China and Malaysia at the moment, but that hasn't stopped dealers from taking deposits with no sure delivery date. Not easy getting your deposit back either when one runs out of patience after weeks of waiting.

• Like 5
On 7/20/2020 at 10:55 AM, DigsAlot said:

Got a link to the video.

Did you notice how clean the 7000 was?  I dont think it had any canvas protectors on it. Wonder who set up the detector. They sure wanted everyone to see the new coil and what It was attached to, cheers sturt

A lot of the original guys from the show no longer exist, maybe they just couldn't handle the 'reality' of it all, now they've got people that swing their coils in a banana, and a majority cover ground in a Z formation.

agh.jpg.bdabd376fba26e9c8e23f22999dfe9bf.jpg

One "team" switched to a Garrett ATX for a season, it was short lived of course but I wonder why that happened.

Nothing more than light entertainment, I bet it sells product though.

Don't know how long it will last but here, see for yourself 😛

Quote of the day, "tiny little piece here, no wonder I've got to wear my glasses when I use this machine, a flat .3 or .4 of a gram".   Classic! 🙂

• Like 1

You have to love the 'toy' wash plant. Take a bloody long time to put a ton through that thing. What a joke. If BS was gold this mob would be billionaires.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By mn90403
      Join three groups of treasure hunters, armed with modern technology and newly uncovered clues, as they set out to find the lost treasure of notorious Prohibition-era gangster Dutch Schultz and solve an 85-year-old mystery. 
      https://www.kcet.org/shows/secrets-of-the-dead/episodes/gangsters-gold?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=kcet m, ,
    • By Joe D.
      Hello all, 
         The crew is off to a good start! Alot of new people and tech! Gary Drayton has a new and expensive toy to play with! I hope they find "it" this season!👍👍

• By GB_Amateur
      https://www.pbs.org/video/gangsters-gold-pa78zu/
      As part of their ongoing series (18th season?!) titled "Secrets of the Dead", PBS just released an episode on the (supposed) Dutch Schultz treasure.  You can watch online (link above).
      In a nutshell, Schultz was a Prohibition and early Great Depression Era mobster/gangster in New York (city and upstate) who met his demise in 1935 when he bucked the syndicate and set out to assassinate a powerful federal government prosecutor -- Thomas Dewey (same guy who 'defeated', well almost, Harry Truman in the 1948 presidential election).  Supposedly Schultz had hidden (possibly buried) a steel strongbox with several million $ (1935 dollars...) in diamonds, gold coins, paper currency, and WWI US government bonds.
      As is typical with PBS, the historical components of the show are well done.  As far as the treasure search (and searchers)..., well, at least they don't keep talking about a curse.  I'll call them 'optimistic' and leave it at that.  (As we all know, treasure hunting isn't the proper activity of pessimists.  )  Basically three pairs of treasure hunters are featured along with a couple freelance researchers (one of whom joins one of the teams near the end of the show).  All teams have metal detectors.  Also used is Ground Penetrating Radar; fortunately no hocus pocus snake oil LRL's -- take that Gary Drayton.  I was able to recognize some -- Minelab Equinox, Garrett Treasure Hound (2 box), Garrett AT (one of the VLF models), White's Coinmaster or Treasuremaster.  Two of the teams (boyfriend-girlfriend and father-daughter) admit to being amateurs and one team (two guys ~mid 40's?) call themselves professionals.  Those familiar with treasure hunters in the NE USA may recognize the so-called pros, or not.  (Let's just say I wasn't super impressed with their professionalism, but they are a lot better than those two brothers -- supposed professional miners -- from Arizona who had a show last year on cable looking for a different major lost treasure every week.)
      Spoiler alert:  a find is made which would excite most of us, but whether or not it has anything to do with Schultz is just wishful speculation at this point.  Bottom line, IMO, is that this is more/less typical of these kinds of shows.  If you like them you'll like this and if you're a disser, well here's more ammo for you.  Oh, and sorry to disapoint Simon, but the find was made with a Garrett. 
    • By GB_Amateur
      I watch a lot of adventure shows on cable TV and this past Sunday evening Discovery Channel had a 2 hour long one titled "Everest's Greatest Mystery".
      To set the background for this post, in 1924 two British climbers (one quite experienced -- George Mallory, and a novice climber -- Andrew Irvine) disappeared from the view of others (below) within a few hundred meters of the summit, never to be heard from again.  It took 29 years until Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay accomplished and documented the supposed first human conquest of the summit, but questions remained.  Did Mallory and Irvine actually reach the summit and succumb in their descent?  In 1999 an expedition went to find Irvine, who carried the camera for the 1924 attempt, to hopefully determine if his photos would show that they reached the top.  That expedition ironically failed to find Irvine's body, but Mallory's instead.
      Four experienced (each with multiple Everest trips) climbers from the USA were filmed in a spring 2019 expedition for this program.  Their goal once again was to find Irvine and his camera.  The weather in 2019 was particularly bad (12 climbers perished) and they spent over a month at base camp (17,000 ft = 5200 m) or above.  Their ultimate trip lasted 3 consecutive days above 27,000 ft (8200 m), apparently shattering a record for most time consecutively at or above that altitude on Everest.  Although they carried supplemental oxygen, for most of that time they had to conserve it and breathe the 33% (relative to sea level) dense air.  At night the temperatures dipped to -20 F (-29 C) and although I don't recall the daytime temps I doubt they were much above 0 F (-18 C).  Those are air temps, not windchills.  (BTW, their high camps were set up by local guides who departed as soon as their task was complete.)
      I noticed a metal detector in the backpack of one of the expedition members, and he carried it all three days they searched near the summit.  That's pretty amazing when you consider the conditions:
      1) With so little oxygen, weight is critical.  Even carrying an extra pound matters a lot;
      2) At these temperatures I'm surprised a metal detector will even function;
      3) The setup and operation had to be simple and any searching looking for just metal signal or not.  The brain doesn't work well with low oxygen.
      As it turns out I never saw the detector being used, and I doubt it was.  The climbers wore ice crampons but much of the terrain was windblown and thus rocky, not icy.  Movement had to be delicate and anything held/carried in hand made it that much more dangerous.  Also, without snow/ice cover there was nowhere for metal to hide.  But that didn't stop the climber with the detector to bring it along every one of the three days they searched.  He had to have considered it quite important.
      Oh, you may be wondering which detector he had with him:  Garrett AT/Pro.
    • By mn90403
      Here is a good article in the Bendigo Advisor about two of the Aussie Gold Hunters on the show.
      https://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/6879688/bendigo-prospectors-unearth-two-gold-nuggets-on-television-show/
      The Poseidon Crew joined the main cast of Aussie Gold Hunters this year.
      "It took a bit of convincing to be part of the show," Mr Shannon said. "Most prospectors don't generally like to divulge their finds freely, for obvious reasons.
      "What convinced me was to try help raise profile of prospecting in Victoria. We're in a bit of a struggle with regulations and in the industry is gradually being reduced. Hopefully being a part of show, showcases Victoria and what we can produce in terms of gold finds."
    • By mn90403
      Friday night I stayed up until 11 PM to watch the second episode of Aussie Gold Hunters.  I had to watch it with mostly volume off because of others sleeping but I'm glad I saw it.  I had seen an ad during Parker's show that it was going to be on but I didn't see the first episode.
      It has been a rather hard show to track down but now I've found a link.
      https://www.discovery.com/shows/aussie-gold-hunters-2015
      When I put this link up it says 2015!  I thought it looked old.
      Here is a teaser for the new show:
      I guess I'll need to have Netflix, YouTube premium to see the new show.