Those are some beautiful finds Jim- congrats! Surprised to hear that you were using the BeachHunter in the lake. I would think that trash would be a big issue.

• Like 2

Awesome hunt, great finds 🙂 It will be interesting if you can find the chain to go with it.

• Like 1

Nice hunt! Three gold makes it very rewarding!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Compass said:

Those are some beautiful finds Jim- congrats! Surprised to hear that you were using the BeachHunter in the lake. I would think that trash would be a big issue.

Thank You

This is a small beach that I live 3 minutes from,It was replenished with sand in early 60s I need to get through this sand, For the old stuff. I use a floating sifter and dig every sound. Almost all trash has been removed through the years.

The best part of removing everything is when people ask if I find anything good I show them fish hooks and their attitude changes.

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, phrunt said:

Awesome hunt, great finds 🙂 It will be interesting if you can find the chain to go with it.

Thank You

I do not have high hopes of the chain because the locket was very weak signal from the TDI 3 scoops but I was in chin deep water and the scoops were not full scoops .   But I will try

12 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

WTG Buddy! I knew you and Bluetube had to be working those beach's after everyone had went home. I can't wait to see you get your AQ, I'm sure it will be like virgin grounds all over for you on some of your spots. 

Thank You Joe

Yes waiting for the AQ,  these came from where the added sand thins and I was able to get through it I keep wondering what is under the sand closer to shore in the active zone.

Just have to wait.

• Like 1

Beautiful rings. Great hunt Jim. It is nice when the crowds dwindle and you can relax and listen for those faint hits. You are very lucky to live next to a beach 🤗

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By cuniagau
      Finally after 13 days with the AQ, I struck gold.  2 grams of 18K to be exact.  A nice little Hamas.  The only hallmark is an 88 inside a circle but it test 18K with my tester.  It also reads a solid 13 on my Equinox.  
      With my beaches basically sanded in and unfavorable tides, I have just been hitting the high tide line with a bit of dry also mainly just getting used to the AQ.  It is like a combination of my TDI Pro and Dual Field.  Very quiet and stable too.   My first hunt produced a silver ring as also did my second hunt.  My third hunt gave me two silver earrings.  The past couple of hunts was primarily junk with no precious metals.  Today I just took my wife to her favorite beach and of course when she was ready to go we had a rising tide with strong wave action. LOL
      Thanks for looking!
      Joe

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      WInds and tides have been bad the last week along with other projects keeping me busy. So to mix the project side of it I took CDV's battery out for a test spin Weds.
      Not a lot of targets but scored the 10k Class ring early. As soon as I walked out I got a buffalo, small medallion then the gold ring. The AQ seems to dislike silver even in All metal mod...but loves nickels..both medallions are brass. 
      Gold #22 for the AQ..depth on the 8.4 10k I could have sworn 2 feet but measured around 16 inch's..

• By okara gold
      Found this tiny 1.1 gram 18K in the wet sand over the weekend. Looks like diamond chips all around the band but too small to test.
      Bob K

• By Compass
      Tried a different lake today and only found a couple of dollars in clad but got my 6" coil over another gold chain. Shockingly to me, this one was also closed up and rang up a solid "1" TID. I had company as 2 other hunters got within 20 feet of me in a swim area that was ,at least, an acre in size. Seems like bad form to me but at least the one guy moved away when I said something to him. I didn't say anything to the other since I had just found the chain and crucifix which reminded me to be a little more tolerant and he moved on a short time after. 

Loving the Nox for fresh water and wished I felt the same way about at the beach but those "Beach" modes on the Nox just aren't working for me- yet. GL&HH!
    • By dewcon4414
      Thought id throw up a couple more finds from the month.   Things have kept me out of the water the past 3 months...... then we had the storm.   Seems everyone went home now as well so we are just getting locals and a handful of tourists now.   Still busy with hunters with our warm water.....so its getting picked clean.   Got more young guys getting into it with the local FB page now as well who are doing pretty well. 

• By Nuggetdog
      Found a beautiful little diamond ring, probably CZ. It says Avon sterling but there is a little chip that looks like it’s plated. Does anyone know if Avon sterling jewelry is .925 silver?