Hello 

have you seen this video ? 

Lot of iron ... 

I don't understand English very well, but I have the impression that he says that there is no variation in the audio. and that there is no double beep on the bobbie pin .it is sold to find under iron, but I see it only finds iron. ūü§Ē

• Like 3

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Gigmaster just received his new machine. He is a good detectorist and will figure out the AQ when he gets a chance to get used to it. I am new to the AQ also, but have used it enough to know iron

Like all things, the AQ is only as good as the operator's skills and their ability to put themselves in the right place.. The discriminant mods are not perfect but as one builds there skill levels wit

I hunt the ocean front beaches (3 main beaches ) usually starting in May and run thru October. That’s not to say I won’t change it up and hunt rivers and the Bay on occasions. Then usually November th

Posted Images

Gig is learning..and the best way is to get out, do the time and dig all. Let me add, the "AQ" is best used in combination with a good VLF. My time out hunting is about 50% AQ and the other 50% Excalibur. In time you learn which is best for the beach you plan on hunting.

Carolina hunts the same beach's as the Gig....Carolina has several gold with the "AQ" but he is a very experienced PI hunter also..and it shows.

I talked to Gig last week and his main use for the AQ was finding cannon balls, I do think that it shine for sure in that area..if he can dig that deep.

Good Luck to the Gig! 

• Like 3

What do you mean by " is best used in combination with a vlf " ? 

Are you referring to cleaning the area first with vlf and then using AQ? it could be a problem if the area (even small) takes 2 or 3 days to clean up, in the meantime as you know it could be covered with a meter of sand.

Anyway on the beaches I hunt, gold, whether it's surface, deep, recent or old, is almost always in trashy areas. (iron, aluminum ..)it could be complicated with this detector. However, I still want an AQ ūüėÖ¬†when Fisher decides to market outside the USA ... you who have hours on your QA, can you differentiate certain metals or targets? like the bobbie pin for example ?

39 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Gig is learning..and the best way is to get out, do the time and dig all. Let me add, the "AQ" is best used in combination with a good VLF. My time out hunting is about 50% AQ and the other 50% Excalibur. In time you learn which is best for the beach you plan on hunting.

Carolina hunts the same beach's as the Gig....Carolina has several gold with the "AQ" but he is a very experienced PI hunter also..and it shows.

I talked to Gig last week and his main use for the AQ was finding cannon balls, I do think that it shine for sure in that area..if he can dig that deep.

Good Luck to the Gig! 

Is Carolina more of a water hunter?  Bay or ocean hunter?

The Impulse is a pulse induction metal detector, and will therefore find plenty of trash. Frankly, this has been discussed at great length and detail in previous threads. I suggest you spend time reviewing older Impulse threads here by the people who are using them. This will show you what people find in average hunts.

All Fisher Impulse AQ threads

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, JohnnyRox said:

Is Carolina more of a water hunter?  Bay or ocean hunter?

Gigmaster and Carolina hunt the same places...VB ..Ocean front..Then the Chesapeake Bay. Both hunt in and out of the water. More out, Ocean front and more in the water bay...I think. 

By the Way Gig messaged me..Got a nice Gold ring today with the "AQ" ..More to come on that in his Next video..

• Like 2
9 hours ago, vive equinox said:

What do you mean by " is best used in combination with a vlf " ? 

Are you referring to cleaning the area first with vlf and then using AQ? it could be a problem if the area (even small) takes 2 or 3 days to clean up, in the meantime as you know it could be covered with a meter of sand.

Anyway on the beaches I hunt, gold, whether it's surface, deep, recent or old, is almost always in trashy areas. (iron, aluminum ..)it could be complicated with this detector. However, I still want an AQ ūüėÖ¬†when Fisher decides to market outside the USA ... you who have hours on your QA, can you differentiate certain metals or targets? like the bobbie pin for example ?

I use both the "AQ" and the Excalibur (VLF) in combo as a team....I like taking the Excalibur in to a beach to do a evaluation.. Overall and spots I think the AQ will do well and area's I should stay away from. Like a Team working together we decide who goes where.. Right now I know the beach's I hunt very well ...So based on the incoming conditions I choose which beach I am going to..(Weather, Winds, Tides..Waves, etc.) Then my decision on who goes where is based on the reconn and which will be the best. Very Simple.

One thing to remember also. I hunt in the water...which is a great classifier of targets. I let Mother Nature do the work for me...I just have to find the open window. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Exactly described the key principle of the ‚Äújobs to be done‚ÄĚ theory. Define the task, with full consideration of the desired outcomes, the limiting factors such as (in this case) bottom conditions, probable ratio of desirable to undesirable targets - then choose the correct tool for each phase of the ‚Äújob to be done‚ÄĚ.

Even Homo Erectus had figured out how to hit a rock just right with another rock to produce the edge or point needed to kill or skin the prey!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Gigmaster and Carolina hunt the same places...VB ..Ocean front..Then the Chesapeake Bay. Both hunt in and out of the water. More out, Ocean front and more in the water bay...I think. 

By the Way Gig messaged me..Got a nice Gold ring today with the "AQ" ..More to come on that in his Next video..

Gotcha.  

Thanks!

we all agree on choosing the right tool for the conditions ... however, I don't forget that one of AQ's main advertising arguments was some iron discrimination ability. it would seem after reading the owners' reports except maybe the jag, that it's just a deeper PI ūü§Ē.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By schoolofhardNox
      It's been a while since I had a chance to get out with the AQ. Finally, a semi good low tide at a beach where you can walk out a long ways during a good low tide. I've been itching to try the AQ at this beach. I only had about 2 hours of very low tide to work with in the furthest away section, so I concentrated on the lowest areas. I also had my maiden voyage with my new scoop - the XTREME Surf-Master X3 with the carbon fiber handle. On this beach you either have packed rocks, packed shells or that stagnant, clay like, dark sand (smells good too ūüėā). The scoop had no issues with any of that. I was very impressed on how it handled and how I could bury the large scoop and pry it out of that clay like silt. I will have no issues with this scoop when I start to do some water hunting. 2 hours passes quickly, so no gold for me this time. Most of the other 3 hours was spent waiting for the low tide, so most of the junk came from that period. I was actually shocked at the lack of targets when the tide dropped. I expected many more deep targets, but it was rather quiet the whole time. I may have dug 20 targets in that 2 hour period. A total lack of coins too! Very unusual for me to hunt 5 hours and only get 4 coins. Settings were: All metal, ATS 3, Sensitivity 4+, Delay 7. Got a little bit of deep lead and 2 shot gun shells that could have been gold, but I'm thinking the gold sinks way lower that I am able to get to. Best find was a Buffalo nickel at around 12". Shotgun shells were about¬† 14 - 15". Also found that, what I'm thinking is slag, sounds deep and quiet and fools you into thinking you have a deep, small target. All in all I had a great time trying my new scoop and trying my best guess at deep settings on the AQ.

• By tvr
      Did the last few hours of daylight on the day of arrival with the Excal to check the beach, got one of the .50 cal shells a .50 cal point, a quarter, dime and penny; the rest of the week was all AQ. Did pretty well identifying iron. Spent nearly the entire time in all metal mode. On the open wet sand, it is easier to identify iron by walking around it and sweeping from all directions; something that is difficult if not impossible to do in the water. There were a few pieces of iron that fooled me. They are in the one picture towards the bottom, near center. Got a new style wedding band, no markings but probably stainless with either abalone or mother of pearl; not sure which. The ring was deep. It was a five scooper and was not in the side of the hole, was at dead center of where the first scoop was. That is what I have been hoping for with the AQ; now I just need to get the right metal. Got a couple of junk earrings that are fairly well encrusted and, unfortunately, stick to a magnet. Got a junk heart ring that looks to be copper, not extremely deep, Excal or CZ would have had no problem hitting that one.

I did dig somewhere north of 100 bottle caps, did not count them all and threw them away before coming home. The one day that was "extremely deep bottle cap day" I counted 33 bottle caps.

In front of some hotels when I'm high in the wet sand, near the dry, I would get interference that changing the frequency setting did not help. ATS at 8 or a little higher helps, dropping sensitivity down to 2 with the higher ATS quiets it down. Tried tone and mute modes and they were a little worse than all metal. As I get further from the offending interference, I can take the sensitivity up again. Some hotels gave no problems, some were chatty until adjustments were made. For the week, mostly hunting with sensitivity at 5 or 6, ATS at 5 and delay at 7.5. Interesting that near and under the pier that for years has made other detectors chirp, the AQ is quiet. Must be different kinds of interfering signals that affect the different detectors.

Now that I’ve had a chance to spend time over open wet sand areas, coil control is important to keep from sounding at swing ends, it is the up and down motion by being sloppy, not the sided to side sweep, that sounds a little on the wet sand. The ergonomics of the AQ are excellent and help in that respect, particularly when I start to get tired and coil control is not as precise as when I’m fresh. I did a bit of calf deep wave wash area (that is where the Pandora bracelet was found) and found the AQ to be pretty quite (delay 7.5, ATS 5, Sensitivity 5, all metal), The wave wash was not too bad of a drag on the big coil, although it was not fast moving waves ... the conditions were being nice to me.
      Cheers,
      tvr

• By cjc
      Did a quick hunt the other day and dug only coins.  This has to do with the "training" that Canadian coins have given me.  In a way they are a "median" target--part non-ferrous and part steel.  What this means is that they have characteristics of both.  So with a clean processing pulse like the AQ--you have a narrow signal (imagine a tube carrying the response up) with some wide or maybe irregular characteristics.  Point being that they make good "trainers" teaching you to look for even poor examples of a narrow response.  Then when you hear some clean gold...unmistakable.  Foils and tabs will do the same thing but are still not as good of conductors.   If you are in soft material focussing on deep heavy targets this is a very strong tool for ID'ing responses with the AQ.  Very glad that caps sound wide on this machine.  With a pulse that processes at this level the principle of "carry" (see illustration) is even more important.
      With some VLFs--Hieneken caps are similar to Canadian coins--steel--but with lots of aluminum in there too--right on the border--and for this reason a good teaching tool.
      cjc

• By PPP
      Hi guys!
      Finally 2021 arrived and we are still waiting for the AQ.It would be nice if someone could confirm if the release date for the final product is still in April as i heared before?
      I found a link for a pre-order of the final unit at a UK website(Joe Allen) but they have removed it.That was a bit strange.Any report on the 8 coil and even price which Joe do right now would be interesting as well.any comments?
    • By Steve Herschbach
      A reference collection of threads about the Fisher Impulse AQ, grouped into rough categories.
      Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Launch & Buyers Disclosure
      Fisher Impulse AQ Ltd Owner's Manual
      Official Impulse AQ Limited Color Flyer
      Official Facebook & Website Links
      Fisher Impulse AQ Ltd Data & Reviews
      Fisher Impulse AQ Data & Reviews
      Fisher Impulse Gold Data & Reviews
      Genuine Fisher AQ Ltd Spare Battery Part Number & Price
      Fisher Impulse AQ Rod Length Measurements
      Impulse AQ Rod Extension
      False Signals From Coil Connector
      Fisher Impulse AQ Discrimination Explanation
      Impulse AQ Audio Responses
      Impulse Tones & Discrimination Notes
      Impulse AQ and "No Holes"
      Impulse AQ and Mineralization
      Fisher Impulse Small Gold Sensitivity
      Impulse AQ First Field Report
      Homemade Batteries For Impulse AQ
      More On Homemade Batteries
      Homemade Headphone Dongle / Add Wireless
      How To Relax The Headphone Cable
      Fisher Impulse AQ - The Next Version
      Quick Link To ALL Impulse Threads - Latest User Reviews and Reports
      Fisher Impulse AQ Calibration Information

• By CCadrin
      Gold rings number 2 and 3 today with Fisher AQ.
        The smaller ring was down at least 8 inches and the bigger ring was down at least 10 inches. Very faint signals and could have walked right over them. The rings were found in wet sand.
        This was my seventh outing with the new detector.
        Still struggling with some falsing. Any advice would be appreciated. Mostly from a left to right swing. I do take extra precaution to make sure I am not arcing the swing. On a fully charge battery I can run pretty hot and it will be quiet. About an hour into the hunt I need to make adjustment. Today the battery lasted about 2 hour 45 minutes using ALL METAL mode.
        Eventually I was running with a delay of 10 than switched to 11, sensitivity of 8, ATS was either at a 3 or an 8. I also had to lower the threshold to the point of silence. I don't like running it that way but I hit both rings in the position.
        I also hit a couple of deep nickels that were 12 to 14" easily.