Dear Valued Members,

We are adding 2 new headphones to our line-up.

1)NOKTA MAKRO KOSS HEADPHONES W/WATERPROOF CONNECTOR
Compatible with all waterproof Nokta Makro Detectors – Kruzer/Anfibio/Simplex
Allows the user to submerge the whole detector in water for shallow underwater hunting.
(The headphones are not waterproof).

2)NOKTA MAKRO KOSS HEADPHONES W/6.3mm JACK – for land use

BOTH HEADPHONES HAVE IN-LINE VOLUME CONTROL, ADJUSTABLE HEADBAND and SPIRAL CABLE.

17000214-1.jpg

17000214-2.jpg

17000214-3.jpg

17000213-1.jpg

17000213-2.jpg

17000213-3.jpg

• Like 5

What is the speaker impedance? 

• Like 2

Look comfortable but having the volume switch on the cord is a no go for me. They always catch on clothing and wires tend to break there. Never a fan of inline switches or controls for that reason.

• Like 2
  • Steve Herschbach changed the title to Two New Headphones From Nokta Makro

These headphones are not on the Nokta website yet.  Hopefully they will be listed soon,

so we can see the full specs.

13 hours ago, TallTom said:

These headphones are not on the Nokta website yet.  Hopefully they will be listed soon,

so we can see the full specs.

Don't hold your breath, you might pass out. They keep posting items with no pricing or critical info. Almost like they are fishing for interest. I not sure about you but I would like to see the new multi before a shovel, hip holster, or head phones. I'm starting to wonder whats going on at Nokta. I think the accessory market is way overloaded with products and not sure why the marketing campaign is going in this direction. How about teasing the new multi?   Garrett Did.

• Like 3

Nokta can use better waterproof headphones. One's I have are ok but the volume is low on them and need to crank it up to max on my MK to hear it. If that volume switch was on the headphone itself I would get a pair. Had headphones in the past with line switches and that is a big drawback for me.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 12:21 AM, dogodog said:

Don't hold your breath, you might pass out. They keep posting items with no pricing or critical info. Almost like they are fishing for interest. I not sure about you but I would like to see the new multi before a shovel, hip holster, or head phones. I'm starting to wonder whats going on at Nokta. I think the accessory market is way overloaded with products and not sure why the marketing campaign is going in this direction. How about teasing the new multi?   Garrett Did.

Hello there. Just wanted to respond to some of your comments. I prefer not to post pricing because I do not want to be conveyed as I am trying to make a sale which is not my purpose of being on this forum. I just want to share information with the members. Sales is the dealers' job, not mine. The MSRPs of the HPs are $99 and $70.

Now, your second question: What's going on at Nokta? We are doing VERY well, thank you! We have been releasing accessories because we want to offer a full range of products to our customers. If they buy a detector from Nokta Makro, we should be able to at least offer them the accessories they need when they ask. A customer can use a different branded shovel and/or HPs of course if they prefer BUT as a manufacturer we should at least give them the option. I would prefer to see a customer with a Kruzer using our PP or shovel versus a competitor's. We are not trying to sell, we are trying to offer a full package for customers’ metal detecting needs. It is part of becoming a ‘’brand’’.

And your last comment:  ''How about teasing the new multi?   Garrett Did.'' I, as the Sales & Marketing Director of this company personally do not like to ''tease''. I try to share as much information as I can - honestly and openly. My competition may have a different approach. I would advise you to focus on results.

PS. SMF is in the testing stage.

Thank you very much. 

• Like 2

Dilek  

Thank you for your reply!

That’s great testing has started on that new detector and I’m always here if you need another field tester .

We like kids in a candy store in we want it all and we want it now !

The Best To You Lady.

Chuck 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Purplehays69
      Got em today and am blown away so far with music...... Sounds like Dave Matthews voice is in the middle of my head..... WOW.....
    • By pinpointa
      E-mailed Centerville Electronics about Whites replaceable covers for ear muffs. No reply. Does any one know where i can get covers from .I am in Australia. Regards.
    • By mn90403
      Has anyone tried them with a metal detector?
      I came across an article which displayed some Bose audio sunglasses.  The concept was not something I had really considered but when you read about them they are built for athletes that need to be aware of their surroundings to avoid accidents.  We detect in areas where we need to avoid accidents and critters also so hearing outside of headphones is beneficial.  This would also have the potential of eliminating hot and or uncomfortable headphones for me in the desert.  I don't think they could work well at the beach with crashing waves.
      Maybe we can begin a review of these Bose and other audio sunglasses here.  Of course there would need to be some with LL and other technical specifications to work with our equipment but it could also be a new product idea for one of these companies. 

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/frames/bose-frames-tempo.html#D61A74D4CFE947DB6685D4D8CE1982FC 
    • By dbsmokey
      Last week,  I attempted to power on the ML 80 headphones I use with the Equinox 800.  I purchased these new in March 2019.  They would not power on.  I charged them:  the 3 red LEDs flash for about 10 minutes and then turn off, as if headphones were charged.  But, the headphones still will not power on.
      I attempted to contact my dealer and ML, but neither have yet responded.  Does anybody have any novel ideas to try, or troubleshooting, remedies?  I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,
    • By Condor
      Over the years we've touched on the difference between High Impedance vs. Low Impedance headphones.  Historically, the headphones designed for detecting have been High Impedance, and all were equipped with 1/4 inch headphone plug.   Everyone developed a preference for their brand because of the way they fit and sound.  These days more detectors are set up for the 1/8 inch headphone plugs and a few detecting headphones have offered that choice.  The technology is clearly moving away from all wired headphones in favor of wireless.  The market is really directed at music and communication devices, not detecting.  I'm just curious how the impedance issue affects the newer technology.  The latency of wireless is a completely separate discussion, but may be necessary to understand the importance of Impedance.  
      I have always used in ear monitors rather than over the ear headphones.  It's just more practical in the desert environment of sunny Yuma.  The majority of "ear buds" for lack of a better term are low impedance designed for listening to music on low powered handheld players.  The high impedance ear monitors are available but quite expensive.  The GPZ tends to overpower el cheapo ear buds and produces a really unpleasant sound. 
      My question is twofold: what was our understanding of the importance of Impedance in the old days with wired headphones and how/if that has changed with wireless.   
    • By GB_Amateur
      We detectorists are accustomed to dealing with nature (wind noise) and human nature (traffic noise) while detecting.  In a significant section of the USA, some of us get an added bonus (err, annoyance?) a few times in our lives.  I assume most of you aren't aware of this 17 year occurrence of cicadas known as Brood X.  Here from Wikipedia are the states most impacted:
      The brood's next major emergence will take place during 2021 in these 15 states: Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C.[5][3][6]
      I don't remember 1970's emergence and in 1987 I was in California and Saskatchewan the entire time they were performing.  But I experienced the 2004 emergence.  It's pretty impressive.  Cicadas are present at least in the Eastern USA every year.  They typically compete with crickets in terms of volume and audio frequency (to my untrained ears, anyway).  However, the Brood X is like sitting in the front rows of a rock concert compared to the comfort or your living room listening to music.  Unlike crickets, they don't reserve their singing to merely the evening hours, either.  Here's an excerpt from NYTimes regarding their audio volume:
      Sounds up to 90 decibels could be measured standing directly under a tree filled with cicadas. A motorcycle, by comparison, can put out sounds up to 95 decibels, which can damage hearing after about 50 minutes of continuous exposure, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
      You don't need to be under a tree to experience the impact, either.
      BTW, the 17 year emergence cycle is an example of nature understanding mathematics.  17 is a prime number (divisible by only 1 and itself if restricting to whole numbers).  The reason, though, with two competing hypotheses, is still being investigated.