GPX 6000 - Tips, Tricks, Technical Questions

14 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Good point. I think there is more going on. It's a painful tease to see all our Au mates having fun while we are still waiting.

Yes and here I am watching fatbastard videos and I have not even ordered one 😂

strick

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

hello, are the gpx 6000 discs also an evolution?

are they really new and more perfect?

from what you see, do they really have something more?

my question is the following ; are they better than xcoil or finder? thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Northeast  

If that girl wants to swing that 6000 some let her. That’s wonderful that she would want to be out there with her dad. I’ve got 5 kids and 9 grandkids and not one yet wanted to go with me.

Seeing all the gold your finding with the 6000 I believe you found a friend for life! Well maybe until 6500 comes out.

Thanks for the show and tell. For me I guess the most exciting thing is we getting new furniture this morning. My wife is fitting the bill for that. I’m saving my money for more important things like a 6000 . 
Chuck 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

One thing I am in particular keen of finding out is how to make best use of both the 6000 and the 7000 in combination. From all what I have read thus far, there appears to be a fair amount of redundancies but the 6000 appears to shine for fast timing gold, perhaps better than the 7000 in HY? On the other hand, the 7000 might have an edge for slower timings at depth. So, the first patch sweep could be with the 6000 in normal (or difficult as per JP's comments) followed by the 7000 in general/difficult. I totally agree with Steve that if one only wants one detector then the 6000 would be the best choice. On the other hand, there should also be a play book for new 6000 owners who just refuse to give up their 7000. 

• Like 2

I am just really surprised that nobody has done a true head to head comparison of the two.  When the Z came out there were so many 5k vs 7k comparisons, but with the 6k nothing.  Its almost as if people don’t want to compare in fear that their new toy is not up to par OR their $10,000 dollar machine is no longer as useful.  We have all read the reviews and opinions, seen the star chart, etc.  I am not the only one, even Rob wants to know!  Africa and Australia have field testers because they have had the 6k for sometime now. I’ve only seen one video on YouTube which I posted earlier that actually performed a quick test that does give some data. Maybe I need to scour the Australian forums and see if there is any on them.  I just find it odd and intriguing. I almost wonder if Minelab is behind it (conspiracy theory), because I have reached out to some of the Youtubers that have both machines and they say great idea and are will to give it a go and yet nothing.  Now that some machines are rollin in here maybe some data will start rolling in.  Otherwise when my buddy gets his (on the list well before me), we plan on atleast doing some basic testing.  Probably will make a few Youtube dollars on that video 😂😂😂.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Personally, I am not too keen to watch Youtube videos to get informed. We have plenty of info here on DP 😁 And direct comparisons between machines is not very useful IMO because so much more needs to be considered. But if someone makes these Youtube videos I have fun watching them. Anyhow, I am just a sad 7000 owner who wants to build a case to not abandon what was once a shining star and a loving relationship with joy and reward 😪  

• Like 1

Questions about 7K vs 6K comparison. 

I have both and have a simple question for those who ask the above question. Why would we take the time off of enjoying our hobby to do so? Give me a better incentive then weight in the pocket???? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I'm still in awe of how good my GPZ is, it shocks me the depth I'm getting little tiddlers.   This doesn't change just because another detector comes out, a few months ago everyone was very happy with how their GPZ was performing, this doesn't change now, it's still performing the same and that is incredibly well 🙂

I would like to do side by side comparisons between the two but I'm sure if I did my results wouldn't be the same as someone else's results somewhere else, we all hunt in vary different environments with different soil types so it makes so many of these opinions from others invalid for my situation, and my opinions invalid for theirs so when I do this it's going to be for my own benefit, not others.   It's rare I would see a Youtube video and think yep, my results mirror that.  People have shown videos of a nugget they've found and are carrying on how deep it is and no other detector would have found that, flogged ground and all the other usual sayings, and I'm thinking my Equinox would have got that, the joys of mild soils 🙂

Oddly it appears I'm one of the least concerned about the new kid on the block being a GPZ destroyer.  It's a great detector I'm sure, I have no doubt about that but I'm just not bothered by how good it is maybe as I'm extremely happy with what I've got now, I'm satisfied.  I'm in my happy place at the moment and I have my dream of small coils on a very powerful detector, my little 8" is my dream coil and without the small coils available on another detector I wouldn't be in my happy place and I don't want to go through that all over again, it would be a step backwards as without a small coil I'm missing a lot of gold as I can't get my coil to the ground in many places, fact!

This isn't to say I'm not interested in the 6000, I most certainly am and I'll be watching it very closely, I just wish it wasn't limited by the coils once AGAIN.  It's too early to say I guess maybe they'll let someone make coils for it.

What's best for some isn't best for everyone, it's absolutely fantastic Minelab just keeps pumping out the new best thing though, bring it on I say, where would we be be without their innovation.  I just think it's not worth getting all worked up over which is best at this or that, they're both exceptional detectors. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Personally, I am not too keen to watch Youtube videos to get informed. We have plenty of info here on DP 😁 And direct comparisons between machines is not very useful IMO because so much more needs to be considered. But if someone makes these Youtube videos I have fun watching them. Anyhow, I am just a sad 7000 owner who wants to build a case to not abandon what was once a shining star and a loving relationship with joy and reward 😪  

Youtube is just another information source just like DP, except with Youtube you get to watch for yourself to make your own determination, especially when you can see how people are performing the tests vs how you might do it differently.

• Like 2