GPX 6000 - Tips, Tricks, Technical Questions

Hope this thread seems like a good idea. 

One thing I noticed yesterday using the 14" DD.  I put it on and set it to Conductive Ground Cancel.  At some point I turned off the GPX, had a break and turned it on again.  After ?? mins/hours I noticed the GPX was in EMI Cancel mode.

I tested this a couple of times.   When the GPX 6000 is turned off in Conductive Ground Cancel mode and then back on again it does not remember that it was in CGC mode - it returns to the Default of EMI Cancel mode.   

Hot tip - check what mode it is in when turning on with the 14" DD attached and set it accordingly.  

At least that is what mine does - I assume everyones is the same?  🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Oh my! 1
  • Steve Herschbach changed the title to GPX 6000 - Tips, Tricks, Technical Questions

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent a couple of days in the GT (Victoria, Aus) last Friday, Saturday and 2 hours Sunday morning.   17 pieces on Friday over a small area that I covered pretty well with the QED and a Detech Ult

No, and that is why I will be offended if I want. DP, and I by extension, with help from JP and more, is not just another information source. It might be to you, and if so, it should not surprise you

This 25 grammer from Montana was my first larger nugg.  Found it towards the end of my hunt. I was tired and I knew the target was junk before I dug it as the Monster was banging loud. Six inches late

Posted Images

Northeast, that is good to know. How about when the 11” mono coil is attached; if you turn the machine off when it is in the normal ground setting, does it return to the default difficult ground setting when powered on again?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Lunk said:

Northeast, that is good to know. How about when the 11” mono coil is attached; if you turn the machine off when it is in the normal ground setting, does it return to the default difficult ground setting when powered on again?

Good question. Dunno. Will try tomorrow for you 🙂

It does seem to remember manual sensitivity settings.

• Like 3

Good question does the 6000 decide a "default" for the coils features (size and type) and how long does it take for the GeoSense-PI™ to sense that a coil has been changed and make the required adjustment.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lunk said:

if you turn the machine off when it is in the normal ground setting

Just home from footy. 

With the 11” and  when turned off in Normal and turned back on again it remains in Normal. 

Same if you turn it off in Difficult, it stays there when turned back on.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, kingswood said:

sensitivity down to 5 stopped it

And doing a noise cancel?  It is so quick and usually very effective. 

Did you try the DD?  

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Northeast said:

And doing a noise cancel?  It is so quick and usually very effective. 

Did you try the DD?  

Multiple noise cancels....area is close to a telephone tower, so EMI inevitable...

Havent tried to DD yet, I know it would work with the EMI, but wanted to see if you can tame the mono a bit and, yes, yes you can 🙂

I think the DD would be last resort as the 11" is going to be deeper, even with sensitivity down a notch or 2....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Kingswood, since I see you have other Minelab detectors, perhaps you'd do a little experiment for all of us using the new 6000 to scour your new patch and then hit it AFTER with other detectors.  Most reports are of the exact opposite.  People rush back to old patches with the newest technology like the 6000 and find what's missed.  I'd be very interested to see what your 6000 missed if anything when you go back with the "old" technology.  

• Like 9

Just to add, that the manual mentions increasing sensitivity until false signals occur when using the mono. From reading the manual, I still get the feeling that reducing the sensitivity with the mono to reduce the EMI would still punch deeper than the DD. I think.... 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1