Why Keep 6k Stock Standard?

On 5/3/2024 at 6:07 PM, Gold Catcher said:

I use the Avantree Torus most of the times in the forest/mountains (want to hear what might be creeping up on me-i.e. bears, mountain lions, angry forest inhabitants, etc..),

One outing with Idaho Peg in our California Mountains I was sitting on a large rock having a snack when I heard a noise in front of me. I looked up to see a large bear with its nose in the ground about 40 feet from me. I jumped up with my arms high in the air and yelling. The bear whirled around and headed down the Canyon toward where Peg was detecting. I called her on the radio just as it was crashing through the brush near her.

So I use the Avantree Neck Phones and switch between modes as EMI changes or the constant noise gets aggravating. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 2

Jerry, reading through this thread there certainly is no magic setting for all on any detector, would love to use normal mostly but unfortunately only use in 'final" clean up of patches not finding them which takes most my time swinging. A compromise for sure but that is so for any detector I`ve had to date.

Chet, the Torus are my choice by far on any detector, no doubt with headphones could probably score a few more iffy nuggets/signals but ears that breath are the go.😉

• Like 4

With the 6k I use difficult at manual 8-10 (if I can't use normal), and Normal at about 8 and below (if I have to go lower). You can lose depth in difficult with decreasing gain more so than in normal. In the video he had it at 7. I bet he would have heard it at 9 or 10. But regardless, there is no general rule, as Norvic is pointing out. The filtering does help at times to hear signals better at medium depth, depending on ground conditions. However, the differences are not nearly as significant as with the Z.

GC

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

D4AU, I`ve weakened and swung over to the dark side, should have a brand new non defective 6K in my mits Monday. Need trouser braces this week. 😉 

• Like 4

Hi Norvic, not on topic, but what ever did happen to the Axiom?

Just received a new 6000 as well got a very good deal. Can't wait to get out next month.

• Like 1

NE nah still have the old one as is when bought, when they first hit the shelves.

PiOz Sold the Axiom found the E1500 with its available spiral mono coil selection filled its shoes. Enjoy the 6K they are a magic detector.

• Like 2