My Trip To The Mojave Desert

6 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Corporations with no intention of actually using their claims are merely speculating real estate salesmen. They can legally snatch up many claims and large tracts of open public land and hold them, essentially using them for other types of profit not originally intended by the mining law of 1872.

So true, thanks for the comments, GotAu. Just take a look at Northern Nevada with so much land claimed as speculation. I suspect the vast majority of these claims will never be worked.

GC

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Just curious if anyone has run the Garrett Goldmaster 24K in this area and if so how it performed.

Good suggestion, Bill. I don't own the Goldmaster but it is definitely worth a try. The little flakes that I found were all shallow and totally within VLF reach, provided the hotrocks can be handled by the VLF. I am looking forward to hear GotAu's report, I think he wanted to give it a try. Just make sure you wipe those hotrocks with your hand before tossing them out. I had one signal splitting into two after wiping and found my first flake that way. 🙂

GC  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Good suggestion, Bill. I don't own the Goldmaster but it is definitely worth a try. The little flakes that I found were all shallow and totally within VLF reach, provided the hotrocks can be handled by the VLF. I am looking forward to hear GotAu's report, I think he wanted to give it a try. Just make sure you wipe those hotrocks with your hand before tossing them out. I had one signal splitting into two after wiping and found my first flake that way. 🙂

GC  

That’s pretty good advice to wipe those hot rocks, wonder if the flake came off the hot rock to begin with? Another good reason to clean them up before tossing them is you may have a specimen or maybe even a meteorite. I’m hoping to use my 24k in some other areas that are also notorious for hot rocks as well. When I purchased it from Jim McCulloch, he covered how to handle hot and cold rocks with it.  I can’t wait to have at it!

• Like 2

Great write-up on a fun and successful trip. Good to see you on Bill’s trip and I like the two nuggets you found on the first day. I found seven small nuggets (only .9 grams total) a week ago in the Cargo Muchacho mountains. That 6000 is amazing. Let’s link up on your next trip. Happy New Year!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Randy Lunn said:

Great write-up on a fun and successful trip. Good to see you on Bill’s trip and I like the two nuggets you found on the first day. I found seven small nuggets (only .9 grams total) a week ago in the Cargo Muchacho mountains. That 6000 is amazing. Let’s link up on your next trip. Happy New Year!

Thanks, Randy. And nice job with your nuggets!! Yes, the Cargo Muchacho mountains have always been on my radar screen, unfortunately I haven't been there yet. I should go before you clean everything up 🙂 Yes, let's connect the next time I am down there. I will PM you. All the best for the new year!

GC

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 11:23 AM, aerospace guy said:

Gold Catcher..this is where I detect 99% of the time. I belong to 3 clubs that have claims in the area. I just posted a week or so ago about trouble with "hot rocks" with my EQ800 and asked for some tips. I think the EQ does ok and will find bird shot and -20(classified size) gold all day long. However, you are correct in saying there  R HRocks R on the surface and buried all over...some areas R more free of them than others. I used a GPX5000 for years out here and frankly the EQ does WAY better than it ever did! I know people say the 6000 will do good out here but I'd like to see it run out here to see for myself how it does. Good luck and hope you find some bigger gold. I found a 4.3 grammar this year there with the EQ.

IMG_0806.jpg.8f387f6901e705c461ee508c336fc4a7.jpg

If you want some tips hit me up. I been hunting this area and have done well enough to get a sdc and a 7000..

I found 142+ gram nugget with a gold bug and quit a few more pieces.

On 12/21/2021 at 11:23 AM, aerospace guy said:

Gold Catcher..this is where I detect 99% of the time. I belong to 3 clubs that have claims in the area. I just posted a week or so ago about trouble with "hot rocks" with my EQ800 and asked for some tips. I think the EQ does ok and will find bird shot and -20(classified size) gold all day long. However, you are correct in saying there  R HRocks R on the surface and buried all over...some areas R more free of them than others. I used a GPX5000 for years out here and frankly the EQ does WAY better than it ever did! I know people say the 6000 will do good out here but I'd like to see it run out here to see for myself how it does. Good luck and hope you find some bigger gold. I found a 4.3 grammar this year there with the EQ.

IMG_0806.jpg.8f387f6901e705c461ee508c336fc4a7.jpg

If you want some tips hit me up. I been hunting this area and have done well enough to get a sdc and a 7000..

I found alot of nugget with a gold bug pro and quit a few more pieces with sdc.

I would love to get together with other peeps that are not rookies and hunt some new prospects in the area. 

• Like 2

Gold Catcher very nice, I know how tough this area is and for you to pop out and hit on yr first time out here I'm impressed. It shows you know what your doing. I did the best with my sdc-coiltek11 but I beat the spot with a bug pro and sdc and atx, witch failed miserably. now I'm still pulling with a 7000, its though trying to get to know it with the spot beat but I know theres big ones so I persist. I'd love to go out and hunt new ground in this area, I would love to put more coils on ground in hit me up if interested... this was November's take...well theres another oz not in there...

20211204_160905.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Yellowmadness said:

Gold Catcher very nice, I know how tough this area is and for you to pop out and hit on yr first time out here I'm impressed. It shows you know what your doing. I did the best with my sdc-coiltek11 but I beat the spot with a bug pro and sdc and atx, witch failed miserably. now I'm still pulling with a 7000, its though trying to get to know it with the spot beat but I know theres big ones so I persist. I'd love to go out and hunt new ground in this area, I would love to put more coils on ground in hit me up if interested... this was November's take...well theres another oz not in there...

Very nice, thanks YM. Definitly a bit more than what I found...😉. Yes, it would be nice to meet up one day,thanks. Perhaps you, aerospace guy and myself can set something up. Perhaps Dave (flakmagnet), Mitchel and Randy also want to join. 

GC

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Very nice, thanks YM. Definitly a bit more than what I found...😉. Yes, it would be nice to meet up one day,thanks. Perhaps you, aerospace guy and myself can set something up. Perhaps Dave (flakmagnet), Mitchel and Randy also want to join. 

I'm in, this is all I do chase the dream fulltime.

• Like 4