Thoughts On Legend

10 hours ago, Tometusns said:

Here’s something for you to try.  (If you’re not already doing it) When picking a target out of trash make a mental note of the good sounds location as you go around the target .  You should be able to see the spot it’s coming from after going around it. Might make two or three trips around…they’re short trips. lol  Don’t use the pin point just dig the spot you hear the good sound at. I think you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to locate it without using the pin point feature. 
 A good example of what I’m referring to would be to watch super freak going around a target in trash then just digging it right out. I know he’s visually seeing that targets location while swinging over it as he makes his circle. Watch his coil movement as he locates the good sound. Hope that helps.  It really does work. Good luck and HH!

Yep. That method is far more effective in trashy spots. I think it is faster too. The problem I had was the size of the coil (11 inch). There were times where the multiple targets (under the coil) made it very difficult to discern exactly where the good target was. I have no doubt that the 6 inch coil will work very well in such situations.

• Like 2

The PP is kind of flat something I had hoped that the update would address (had mentioned it to Dilek in  a PM).  The Ferrocheck is kind of a set of training wheels in that once you get  the hang of co ordinating your coil movements with the audio those sounds that are breaking or tuning out (cross sweep or repeat passes) confirm as iron on the FerroCheck. 

With a lower resolution detector it would not be all that trustworthy but in that the Legend is parsing out whats what with great accuracy--the Ferrocheck does give a good indication of what's there--even blended responses when there is more than one target--ideally confirmed on the meter with distinct numbers.  This is something Im learning to do on the Anfibio--tone and odd, wide meter often means two targets.  Overall a great little machine with a ton of potential--especially in iron infested sites. 

cjc

• Like 4