The Legend V.1.14 Beta-1 Beast

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny the Manticore uses "Unleash the Beast" as their marketing slogan, now the Legend has "Beast Mode" 😛

At least for me, Beast Mode is a beast to setup for high mineralization. There are a truckload of hidden menu button pushes to take care of.......

Deep Target is totally awesome. What a great, easy to use and very effective feature.

35 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

At least for me, Beast Mode is a beast to setup for high mineralization. There are a truckload of hidden menu button pushes to take care of.......

Deep Target is totally awesome. What a great, easy to use and very effective feature.

Jeff-----Is it as good/deep as & have as effective of deep TID as the Deus 2? (with same size coils)

I had a chance to experiment a little further with in the wild targets, instead of a controlled test.

DT is working well. The sweet spot setting in my ground is 2 to 3. Any more than that, and I begin getting some falsing and audio stuttering.

Beast Mode though? I'm still scratching my head on that 😁

I got V1.14 loaded just fine and have spent about an hour poking around both test beds. Dt does help some but it is not huge. 3 seems about right for me also. Higher settings add a lot of warble to the response. It reminds me of the EUD setting on the Anfibio somewhat, that and a hot rock offset.

The beast mode does seem like an updated Gen D mode. It is very crisp at very modest sensitivity levels. It gets a little ragged if overdriven. The TID response should be better. That was the problem with Gen D. I assume it is a multi frequency. I wish Nokta would give us an indication of how it is weighted. If it is high like Gold Field M that would limit it’s usefulness for me. I would like something close to M1 or even M2 for all around responsiveness.. The Iron response adjustment works well at 2 or 3.

All in all the update is positive. I hope Nokta will tweak it some more to make it really stand out. As it is, I could just as well use my Custom 4 tone set up for targets reporting as Ground due to mineralization.

More time on it is certainly needed.