Recommendations For A Simplex Screen Protector?

Greetings Everyone, as a proud new owner of a Nokta Makro Simplex, I would like to keep her screen from marring as best I can, these past few days I have been out detecting and have left her factory screen film still on. Does anyone have a recommendation for a fitted screen protector so as to mitigate scratches and the like? It does not have to be a glass one if those are tricky to get, a clear plastic one is fine, like the kind made for some cellular phones out of a clear vinyl type is ok.

I am just trying to keep her screen clear. I would not like a full over the head unit type like there exists for the ML Vanquish 540.

I bought this product almost 7 years ago and have used it on all of my detector screens without needing any replacements.  The anti-glare finish is very important in bright daylight.  My particular product isn't currently available but Amazon will show you alternate products in this link.  The Minelab Equinox came with screen protectors (those included menu selection icon meanings) but those weren't even close in anti-glare properties to the ones I use.  (I didn't find it difficult to remember the menu selection icon meanings since I step through them sequentially fairly often and the icons themselves grew on me after awhile.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RubenAlonzo said:

Thank you. Did you find it difficult to cut it down to fit?

No, it's very easy; just use a scissors.  I've never had to replace one and I've had it on my Equinox 4 1/2 years and my other detectors even longer.  No downside (if you don't count paying a few dollars/Euros/etc.) and the protection AND the anti-glare property is worth way more than the cost. 

Hard to believe every detector sold doesn't include one.  (Minelab did with the Equinox but the glare was almost as bad as no protector.)  Laptop computer manufacturers and cellphone manufacturers figured this out years ago although most laptops don't come with one included, I guess because it dulls the colors...?  Actually color phones don't either (at least mine didn't).  Glass doesn't scratch easily but it sure does reflect!

• Like 1

I use some old Kindle screen protectors I have on everything, cut to fit. Seem to be a bit thicker than most made these days. Frankly, any good screen protector will work. The real key is to do it as the very first thing you do after taking your new detector out of the box.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one of these for my Simplex (and a different one from him for the Legend as Nokta's weren't out yet).

Nokta Makro Simplex + Screen And Touchpad Protector/Cover USA Made | eBay

The only drawback is the buttons on both machines are a little stiff (beefy?) so when you try and make adjustments with gloves on, your efforts can be hampered a bit.