On 6/15/2018 at 12:54 PM, fredmason said:

Paul, the Swing-arm and the Hipstick are essential to using the 19 inch coil.....don't go out without it!

'cause we are not the manly men we used to be...good luck

fred

On 6/16/2018 at 6:22 AM, Norvic said:

Paul was the fellow that introduced me to the Hipstick, in fact sent me one. Since then even with the 14 it is always on the belt, like the pick it is a necessary MD accessory of nugget hunting. Thus I`m going to reinforce what Fred says, Hipstick & Swing-arm is the go with the 19, Paul. 

Absolute no brainer aye...  Fred & Norvic. 👍 

Paul.... go forth & conquer. Best of luck out there. Stay safe.

JW :smile:

Paul,

Good catch on the mechanics of your rig.  You can get to know them pretty good so you stay safe.

Now for that body of yours ... you said:

"While I was out yesterday evening with the 19  I realized I am not up to speed with it yet... My shoulder was killing me in no time. Not the perfect starter coil for the season.

Think I will break out the ZEQ 800 today and see how she goes...."

You must work your way into things. (Fred's advice.)  I'm here to tell you the worst thing about the 800 is its weight.  (What?  The 7000/14/19 is the heavy beast you say.)

I've been using the 800 90% of the time lately (100% on the beach) and I've gotten a few aches and pains from it and my digging arm for sure.  Yesterday I stuck in an overnight-er with the 7000/14 and I now know why many 'dislike' it for the weight.  I've lost my edge over it and it has an edge over me.  Given a few trips I'd be back in shape but by the end of the day I could only swing the 800.

Slow out there big man.  You'll have to work your way into Norvic's condition again.  It's too bad you couldn't do some yoga while doing all that driving.  You would be more ready for the weeks ahead of you.  Muscle pain goes away with time and a good massage but don't look for Trent when you need that one!

Good luck.

Mitchel

• Like 1

And the leader in the competition is:

Paul the Yank ,!!

With a win for the new 14 " coil.... Put it on and had the first target, first nugget, within 15 minutes! 

20180620_123456.jpg

• Like 7

I thought you were a smart bloke. Congregating at the caravan park ....... like shooting fish in a barrel.

Be afraid.

BB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought they had BIG nuggets over there Paul. :blink: Even I can find those size bits in my backyard.:laugh: Maybe the 19" will come to the party.👍 Oh well... at least you are on the board. Good going.

Good luck out there

• Like 1

Good catch not breeding size, so you can take it back to USA.😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

Good catch not breeding size, so you can take it back to USA.😀

I think they are still in their nappies. :laugh:

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By idahogold
      Victoria" Nice Dig! 🙃Ig

• By idahogold
      These "Blokes are Great! 😚 It's "Raw" but real" w lots of finds, ck their other vids for more. Enjoy! Ig

• By Steve Herschbach
      I was just updating links and realized I have been posting adventures to Steve’s Mining Journal for over twenty years now.
      The Journal started when the internet was new, and information about metal detecting and prospecting for gold was new and rare. Metal detecting was still an obscure activity and gold prospecting even more so. I started posting the stories on my old company website as a way to show people this stuff really works and to help promote the business.
      It was one of my better decisions, as documenting these adventures has turned out to be far more important to me than anyone else. Memories fade with age, and I can’t do this stuff forever, so it is great now to have all these adventures to look back on.
      Anyway, many people never leave the forums and explore the rest of this website, so I thought I would post this to celebrate the unofficial 20th anniversary of Steve’s Journal for those who have never wandered across it.

• By mn90403
      Every year some of us have an 'opportunity' to go to Australia and prospect for a few weeks.  Some of us pull the trigger and some of us don't. (I'm not talking 'Paul' type of trip where you outfit yourself for months.)
      Now is the time to book that type of trip.  I'm sure many Australians book trips also.
      Which tour has the 'best' three week or so, all in or tag along trip and to what part of Australia?  We'd be bringing our own detector, a 7000 and just want to get put on or near a gold patch or two.
      If you have been there and done that recently it would sure help to know your story.  Maybe this is the year to pull the trigger.
      Mitchel
    • By Northeast
      I had seen a movie called "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" pop up on Netflix and then saw Reg W comment on PA that he had seen it and mentioned there was some 'loaming' in it.
      Sat down to watch it tonight and it is a series of short stories.  4 stories in so far and they are all 'old west' themed.  Some funny, some weird, some sad. 
      Well, the last one we watched was called "All Gold Canyon" and about 5 minutes in I thought to myself "I know this story".
      I read it here on a thread that JW started - there is a link to the story in his first post.
      It is well worth a read and the short film does the story good justice too. 
      Enjoy the read and if you get the chance enjoy the film - there is some very nice fake gold in it     👍

• By Rivers rat
      Hello to all !
      I may be able to sneak in my wife luggage in February when she will be training for her new Job in Australia .I believe she will be based in Perth.Is there any Gold rich field around there?????
      I dont want to stay indoor and i got the green light to go detecting.

Any infos will be welcome.

Thanks

RR