Opinions On Yard Sale Power Bank Please?

That's why I wrote 4-5hours of the 12hours of the equinox-it means 33-40% of the useful capacity of the Equinox battery.....,

• Like 2

I charged the bank up and plugged it in to my half-drained 800.  Nothing.  No charging light flashing or anything.  The 800 did turn on, but I don't think it was running off the battery bank. Oh well, I have a phone charger.  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, MontAmmie said:

I charged the bank up and plugged it in to my half-drained 800.  Nothing.  No charging light flashing or anything.  The 800 did turn on, but I don't think it was running off the battery bank. Oh well, I have a phone charger.  :biggrin:

That's unfortunate but not surprising.  As I said, I thought 1 amp was going to be pushing it from a source current standpoint (that's why the manual recommends at least a 1.7A charger, I guess).  But yeah, you should still have a good emergency phone charger and now we know which is good info to have.

On 4/2/2018 at 2:07 AM, EL NINO77 said:

That's why I wrote 4-5hours of the 12hours of the equinox-it means 33-40% of the useful capacity of the Equinox battery.....,

Even if it would have worked, it would likely not be even close to being able to charge 30 to 40% back from the lipstick power bank because of losses associated with inefficient battery to battery charging as I explained in my previous post (i.e., you can't just simply divide the 2200 mah rating of the lipstick power bank by the 5000 mah rating of the internal battery because the internal battery only has to power the internal circuitry whereas the lipstick power bank has to push current through the charge cable which results in heat losses due to the resistance in the cable and associated voltage regulator electronics, power the detector electronics, AND charge the battery).  If the lipstick power bank, however, was installed in place of the Equinox internal battery, then the 30 to 40% capacity estimate would likely be more accurate.  HTH

• Like 1

I tried to use my Equinox 
2000mA powerbank with output 1A-- Off Equinox is charging ... "But on the Equinox turned on and also the charging it probably will not work ....

On 4/3/2018 at 11:26 PM, chicoquadcore said:

Does it even charge your phone?

Yes.  Not sure how much it charge up if I left it plugged in tho.