Over An Hour Of Independent GPZ Video

Just posted to YouTube, 1 hour 22 minutes video shot by independent operators (no Minelab ties) in Australia. I am speaking at the local club meeting in an hour so am just going to post this without viewing and run. You guys have to watch and offer your thoughts for me when I get back in three hours!

Looked at the video, could be wrong but believe Treymane may have turned up sensitivity & volume too high thus instability, perhaps ok for the 5000 but from my preliminary use the GPZ operates very good at the default, I got into trouble early giving it heaps and resorted to a reset. Early days, will have to wait and see.

HI Steve guys

Norvic

Tremain and Dave are close friends of mine and prospecting partners.

Tremain and Dave are both very experienced prospectors and know the 5000 inside out.

But this was the first time ether of them had used the new beast.

Listen to what he says in the video he is trying a multitude of settings on the different targets.

Were any of them optimum, probably not but they will freely tell you this.

It takes a hell of a lot longer than 2 days to learn a new detector and you need to go to a variety of spots with different conditions and target types/sizes, they went to one.

You will notice that they never came to a conclusion about the new beast as how could you possibly come to one after 2 days at one spot!

Good to see a couple of mates enjoying life on the prospect.

Yep, too high/fast. But he'll settle down and eventually understand you have to work the Zed It's way, not yours.

We all know that we have favorite units amoung the entire ML Pulse range. I've just finished a full day, full night -half day with a GPZ that I was buying off a mate that wanted to off-load it quickly. ....and it won't be falling into one my favorite categories . I'm kinda glad I won't be hearing one again. That's not a knock on the units, Minelab, or anyone that that likes/loves/believes in theirs.

HI Steve guys

Norvic

Tremain and Dave are close friends of mine and prospecting partners.

Tremain and Dave are both very experienced prospectors and know the 5000 inside out.

But this was the first time ether of them had used the new beast.

Listen to what he says in the video he is trying a multitude of settings on the different targets.

Were any of them optimum, probably not but they will freely tell you this.

It takes a hell of a lot longer than 2 days to learn a new detector and you need to go to a variety of spots with different conditions and target types/sizes, they went to one.

You will notice that they never came to a conclusion about the new beast as how could you possibly come to one after 2 days at one spot!

I dunno, a couple of fair dinkum two days at one spot.... I'm not one for this 100hr bs, I'd have a pretty quick conclusion going on.

I dunno, a couple of fair dinkum two days at one spot.... I'm not one for this 100hr bs, I'd have a pretty quick conclusion going on.

Then your potentially missing out on a huge amount the GPZ has to offer..... It's not a massive learning curve but it does take time to avail yourself of the opportunity of experiencing the full potential of ZVT.

JP

100 hours may be bs for you Argyle but I feel differently. I have had poor impressions of several machines initially that eventually turned out to be the reverse of what I thought given more time. I was not impressed at all with the GPZ on the first go but am becoming more so each time I use it. It certainly is not a machine for everyone though. We all need to use what works best for us individually. What is your favored machine these days?

• Like 1

Howdy JP,

I posted to argyle first than saw your post. One of my dogs got me up for a late night walk so here I am. Yes, I am finding the GPZ to be more subtle than I thought. I am also starting to think it may favor us more in the US than I initially believed. I am very excited to have my prospecting season kick into full gear soon!

• Like 1

Mate the video speaks for its self.

Gpz picked up 3 small targets the 5k could not even touch.

Gpz piked up all other targets found by 5k even though they are not familiar with how to get the most out of gpz.

Gpz runs well in adverse emi conditions that force you to stop on 5k.

Gpz can eliminate hot ground when switched to severe and still pick up a small nugget where 5k fails same test.

Gpz didn't detect 2 ground noise targets that 5k did.

• Like 1