Thanks for the news, the SDC just appeared on everyone's radar again ?

Oh, and isn't that Rick Fishers from Aussie Gold Hunters, he's a good man!  I'm glad he's got to test them out before they hit the market, I hope he did well...

They sell this kit that lets you use the coils on the SDC

https://www.coiltek.com.au/coils/gold-extreme/gold-extreme-accessory-pack/

goldextreme-accessories2.jpg

Gold Extreme Accessories Pack

This accessories pack has all you need to fit our Gold Extreme coils to your Minelab SDC2300 detector. With a high quality injection moulded shaft attachment, clamp and cover you will only need to purchase this once to fit all your coils!

I was talking to my dealer earlier and he informed me the coils aren't waterproof, which is a bit odd for a waterproof detector.  Minelab has also issued a warning that they will void the warranty of an SDC2300 that fails as a result of using one of these coils which I guess is most likely if it goes in the water.

• Like 3

Should I take mine with me to OZ?

Very interesting, makes me glad I have the SDC2300 but don’t know if any of those coils would be an improvement for me here in Alaska. I still have yet to break its streak of being skunked...

4 minutes ago, Boogness said:

Very interesting, makes me glad I have the SDC2300 but don’t know if any of those coils would be an improvement for me here in Alaska. I still have yet to break its streak of being skunked...

Sorry to go off topic but out of Interest, how's your Gold Bug Pro treating you in Alaska?

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Sorry to go off topic but out of Interest, how's your Gold Bug Pro treating you in Alaska?

I’ll message you so as not to litter up this awesome topic of a post here.

• Thanks 1

The original coil lead goes up through the shafts and is a curly lead, why does this one get wrapped around the outside of the shafts and where does it go inside the cover to connect????

Maybe the guy in the picture can show us the other side of the detector and explain why the coil lead is wrapped around the outside

cheers dave

• Like 2

It's not a very good picture, but it shows they have a new cover on the left hand side of the detector with a hole in it to get to the coil connection, the new cover is in the kit that you can purchase ?

cheers dave

SDC 2300 with coil attached.png

• Like 1

Now we are talking i used one for 3 days and i like the threshold but the weights is something Thanks God almighty Goldrat had an awesome harness

RR

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

While I like the idea of better ground coverage with the larger coils, what you end up giving up is the huge convenience factor that the SDC offers. The time that it takes to go from 0 to Detect will be significantly longer as now you have to put this adaptive assembly together. It kills the grab n' go. I love my SDC, but If I am ever in a situation I need to swing a larger coil there is the GPX. 

I say all this now, but if the 14x9 isn't absurdly expensive, I may give it a shot this summer.

• Like 1