Makro Kruzer Target ID Mineralization Not Happening

1 hour ago, kac said:

I wonder how a Tejon would work in your area, I find it very good with the 10x12 dd even at the beach where it won't ground balance yet doesn't false out. Only issue I ever had with the Tejon where it was difficult to hunt is where there is really bad emi and I get that annoying flutter but still can hear targets through it. Frequency on it is similar to the Lobo but has manual GB instead which I prefer anyways.

The Kruzer in gen mode still locks onto targets which is pretty cool, something the Tejon doesn't do.

Hi kac, I don't have an opinion on the Tejon. My Lobo Super Traq handled mineralization very well with its preset ground balance. I had lots of trouble manually ground balancing my former Vaquero so..........

Personally, I have moved on from the older designed  single frequency VLF detectors for my area. I have the XP ORX which has two of the best all metal modes available and I can run it in 35 different frequencies. I also still have a G2+/F19 which has a fantastic threshold based all metal mode. Between those two and the multi frequency Equinox and Vanquish, I think I have enough detectors after I say goodby to these NokMak detectors.

Jeff

You should consider a PI. If I was in your neck of the woods and had ground like that it would give me a good reason to snag a TDI. One of the detectors on my someday list but can't justify one here as our soil is easy. The Kruzer Gen mode is a lot of fun and found quite a few dimes that I missed with my Tejon and missed with the kruzer in the other modes. Finding even in heavy trash the the kruzer still works well but obviously more targets the more you have to investigate as you hear everything. I never used an Orx, maybe if it was really waterproof I might have got one. Didn't know the Orx had an All Metal mode.

In any case I from the little bit of hunting I did in Gen Mode I found the lower frequencies are working very well with depth. So with that in mind you may do better with your Orx at a low frequency rather than high.

You should for kicks give the kruzer a run in gen mode and take your time over the targets before you sell or trade it. Default iSat is 6 i believe but 3 was working well. I try get the iSat low as possible without falsing so it don't lose depth, something I read in the manual some wheres but haven't experienced it first hand. Gain at 99 works ok and not experiencing any vid wraps so far like I do in 2 tone, 4 tone and deep.