The First Ring (of 5) Was Not The Best!

mn90403

Sometimes when you go out detecting the very first targets are the best and the remainder of the hunt you keep trying to do better.  That was the way I felt last night.  I headed out to a pretty much energyless beach and my first target was a heavy ring.  I was thinking about Joe when I found it as it was 'trapped' in a little bit of soft sand just before the hard-pan drop off.  I looked at it with my light, felt it and thought about it the remainder of the night.  The title of the post was going to be "The First Target Was The Best!"  haha

Things have a way of changing as we detect.  I headed down my beach and went a long distance before I found another ring.  Once again I was not the first one on the beach.  Someone had cherried the slopes a bit and I had to play clean up.  This I did and to my surprise I found 3 more cheap rings.  These were obvious to me.  Then when I got to my turnaround spot I came upon the final ring.  It was not really part of a patch but it was on a beach where I've found some nice rings so I'm careful and thorough when I'm there.  It turned out to be the best ring but I didn't know it at the time.

Now for the results.

The first target ring had a golden color in my beach light and I thought it would be the best band I've found this year.  It is heafty at 11.11 g but it turns out the color is platinum.  It also turns out that it is 'white tungsten' which means it only has platinum plating.  It's not worthless but certainly not a gold or platinum band.

IMG_8831.thumb.JPG.8ea66a1e535516b5b0537945e96f96e5.JPG

The other rings are still cheapies but the final ring is a 2.25 g/10k nugget ring!

IMG_8832.thumb.JPG.5bd64b6fff2f5eeb70db843eda99f807.JPG

It was a pleasant hunt with reasonable results.  The pendant says Dragonfly.  And then there is the rest.

IMG_8830.thumb.JPG.1223c60da638a218b4489cb100316824.JPGIMG_8829.thumb.JPG.fb11a74a8145fe517c0203af9fadbf9e.JPGIMG_8828.thumb.JPG.6a0c11b323e3df06811e19245f8940da.JPG

Congrats on the gold Mitchel! 5 rings in less than ideal conditions and when playing "cleanup" is pretty impressive. 

That's a pile of rings. Congratulations on the Gold.

HH

Mike