I have been trying to locate a school house site in a small farming settlement that was abandoned by the late 1920's. The settlement had a few houses scattered about, a rail stop/ post office and a 1 room rural school house. Everything was razed years ago. Yesterday I located a privy hole that was cased with an iron pipe so I figured that must be the area. Meager finds that are par for the course here where I live with the exception of the Chinese coin. It is the first I have found, so I was pretty happy with that. 

IMG_0226.JPG

Nicely done, I love those Indian heads.

7 hours ago, Wendell Clark said:

I have been trying to locate a school house site in a small farming settlement that was abandoned by the late 1920's.

I have found that when I go the the county building and go through the OLD PLAT books, they will have good information on who lived where and what the old buildings were.

I have found that several old buildings that have since been torn down in a small town near me had 16 stables and a hotel. When I get a chance later this year I plan on hitting all of them.

Do your research and then re-do the research and ask questions with the oldest people in the area to see if they remember those sites.

Good luck and happy hunting.