On 3/20/2024 at 5:53 AM, rvpopeye said:

A pair of hemostats 8" down next to a big rock on the path from the parking lot and 2 pennies , 1 was a zincoln.    All of these spots were less than 5 miles from the LLBean main store , expected more from places that are  probably swarmed every summah .

That's about all I get most times when I hunt a very small beach nearby, but paying attention to the tides and going when they are the lowest possible can turn some stuff up.

Of course my beach is on a big sandy river, and the only rocks I encounter are the imported rip rap they use to keep the parking lot from being swept away. 🤔

Forgive me for kidding ya, but congrats on the gravity-defying photo and the sidelight to bring out the detail.

At least you won't wonder where the hemostat is now. 😁

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to leave the hemos  in my pouch for things stuck in rock crevices. 

Getting pics with the chromebook selfie cam is a supreme challenge .  More so without sunlight.  I figured at least it looked like what it was this time.🙄

The 4" of frozen crust left from Saturday is getting a steady rain at 45* so all ground should be bare again when it stops. I probably could have dug through it but zero chance of disappearing diggings if I did . Shoveling the white crust trashed my elbows anyway so I needed the break . 

Back in the groove today with a couple of hours of snow free digging. 👍

In 40* and 40kt gusts.

Needed to layer up and only lasted 2 hours (probably would have only made it to 3 hours if it was warm and calm.anyway.🙄)

5 clad dimes , 3 zincolns , 1 key and a ring . Relax , it was bling , adjustable and almost nothing but rust. But it IS a RING !   

12 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Back in the groove today with a couple of hours of snow free digging. 👍

In 40* and 40kt gusts.

Needed to layer up and only lasted 2 hours (probably would have only made it to 3 hours if it was warm and calm.anyway.🙄)

5 clad dimes , 3 zincolns , 1 key and a ring . Relax , it was bling , adjustable and almost nothing but rust. But it IS a RING !   

Glad ya got out. 👍 Should be getting warmer soon. 

Even 65 degrees with winds up to 40 isn't fun, but 40°/40 is worse, don't think I could take that. 🤔

Two layers of wool and fleece lined pants with a rain coat wind breaker was the key .  Just happened to have it all laying around.. (Might get slammed on the 3rd+4th so not time for the cargo shorts just yet. Summah is still a long way off uptah camp.)

Did it again yesterday 2 clad dimes and 3 zincs.   The dimes were "thanks for hunting" on my way back to the rig walking through a parking area with 3 stinkin' zincs and junk in the pouch.      

There's a pretty hefty pile of fair junk for only 4 hours too.       I think I'll save any curiosity items from the pre season hunts for a pic in case someone recognizes any of it.  (Great bennie of hanging out here on D/P ! So many experienced eyes...) 

Time for round 3 , the bee bop beep box just finished charging. 

5kts and a slight haze  44* . Where's my shades ? My future is bright.

Yesterday and today's hunts , 6 hours total.  Weather was sunny and 50* uptah camp  and the winds still 5kts today .  The digging was easy . 😎

Only 4 people asked if I found anything good . 😩 

800- 6" coil , park 2 , recovery 6. Swinging over an  area where 2 big carny rides were set up. 

It took a while but I finally located where the lines of people were.. Things looked a lot different now vs. then.. 

1  quarter , 4 dimes (1 a 1966 almost but no cigar)  , 4 nickels , 9 copper memorial pennies and 18 zincolns.  1  8d crusty square nail .  A 100 amp electric plug casing (rusted steel probably a carny cast off).

Also found some bling bits . 1 looked silver-ish but no markings....arrrrrrr🏴‍☠️ 

I had to get a bigger junk pouch !   Using a 1 qt insulated water bottle holder now , it even has a trap door on top , @ goodwill for $2 👍

The sky will be falling the next couple three-four days best I can figgah accordin' ta some young fellah on the tv .  But the lows just around freezing so the ground's not gonna be gettin' hahd  .  8-10" heavy and wet on the shore tomorrow night but the rest of it should be rain dontchyaknow Chummy  . 18" or more up in the hills oooie ! 

It's lookin' like I'll be the only one with power again.....