It ain't ovah , till it's ovah! 😏

Friday my Radius Nomad shovel arrived and I just went outside to see if my dirt was still frozen , It wasn't !  So I grabbed the nox and swung right behind the rig.

~15 feet away I got a jumpy signal 23-34 range so the nomad got it's first taste of dirt. I made an extra big plug remembering that knife last summer .

Nothing in the hole ? so I ran the pointer around the plug and right on top dead  center it went crazy !   Yeah , it is a 35 but this was different then the usual crazy.

Of course when I got the PP I didn't grab the hori knife so I used the nomad  , it's almost a hori near the tip anyway.  It still got a little scratch but out popped this.(link instead of actual photo just cuz I can ! ) and the sun is a little anemic today  , there's 4" of white on the ground and another 8 or so still up between me and the sun !  I'll post a pic 🙄if it ever returns......

IMG_20240108_134214.thumb.jpg.57003237b6a5e16d212b4c5c4ad8686c.jpg

It is perfectly functional ,, the seals were still good.  And it works great ! I'll be using it detecting mounted on my hat ! 
But this tale isn't over.
This is the little brother of one I found at Goodwill last winter for $4  but it was tuesday so I got the senior discount $3.20🤗

It is an awesome light !  and the little one looks like a clone , just smaller and not as bright. I'd recommend the brand .
If it can survive me for a year ....👍

I didn't realize how much they cost until I looked last night after I noticed they were both from the same mfg.  Plus I got the secret button push codes to program them  ! 
So I guess It was my "thanks for detecting here" prize the day before it froze up for good ....or was it??? Stay tuned . next storm is rain and mid 40s   Another WEIRDO WINTER  uptah camp ! 😜 

IMG_20240108_134429.jpg

• Like 4

Those are some nice finds rvpopeye its great when we can find stuff that we can actually use.

BTW thanks for those links as they reminded me that I still have 2 items in my shopping cart that need to be checked out...

strick

• Like 1

Wow, how did I miss the Uptah Camp Updah? 🤔

Looks like a great and fun year to me. 👍 My whole summer was digging junk, toys, and not much silver, then I got serious and got in the water. Stuff happens, dislocated my shoulder before the last planned gold trip. No matter, got some anyway. 😎

Streamlight flashlights are great, I have a few, and gave some out as Christmas presents to the folks that put up with me as boss.

Entertaining story as usual man, my condolences for your loss. I hope 2024 is a great one for ya Matey 🏴‍☠️

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, strick said:

Those are some nice finds rvpopeye its great when we can find stuff that we can actually use.

BTW thanks for those links as they reminded me that I still have 2 items in my shopping cart that need to be checked out...

strick

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Wow, how did I miss the Uptah Camp Updah? 🤔

Looks like a great and fun year to me. 👍 My whole summer was digging junk, toys, and not much silver, then I got serious and got in the water. Stuff happens, dislocated my shoulder before the last planned gold trip. No matter, got some anyway. 😎

Streamlight flashlights are great, I have a few, and gave some out as Christmas presents to the folks that put up with me as boss.

Entertaining story as usual man, my condolences for your loss. I hope 2024 is a great one for ya Matey 🏴‍☠️

Arrrrrr

Thanks guys ! It sure was a surprise for a 10 minute hunt 🤯.. I did dig one other hole ,,,,a big fat pull tab and it was perfect !! 🤩  Maybe the nomad brought me luck ? 

I wasn't much of a son of the beach 🏴‍☠️ this year but it was a memorable one no doubt.and I DID kinda feel like a pirate on my way out of there !  Hopefully I can get another chance there before summah camping season starts and the queen shows up🥵

And it's supposed to be almost 50 in a couple of days , so maybe not totally done till spring ? , gonna try to do some beaches on nicer days .  Would be nice if I could score a campsite on a beach like you 350 ! But this place still has many treasures yet uncovered....

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Is it ovah uptah ? 

MAYBE ! 👍

I found 55 cents of clad and one memorial and 6 really old pull tabs yesterday uptah camp that I suspect were dropped by some nobody that was really thirsty !  Not sure how to research that though....😉 The ground is soft except shaded areas . 1 inch where it is.  I found one spot in the road that had almost turned to quicksand . It ain't over till it's over and I really hope it IS over. 

The mini Nomad Root Slayer is "the balls" (music term probably first used by Quincy... ) 

And YES 350 , I put WD 40 on it after use ! 😏  (those teeth are nastier than a bluefish)

• Like 1

Another 3 hours today . , a 1970 nickel  , a 1956 wheatie , 3 copper memorials , 6 zincolns.

A bling earring , a tiny boot tack , an aluminum roofing ring nail , and another pile of ID 16 pull tabs and rings . ( I saw an ID chart for the 800 that said $5 gold coins were a 16 ID  and decided to see if I got lucky,,,,nope , and the stupid nail was  a 16 too ! ) 

There was also something that the detector went nuts ( numbers jumping wildly and sounded like a Hendrix solo ) over. It turned out to be a U shaped padlock cutoff !   I was hoping for a 50s Strat..... 

The ground was still super soft but still ice in the shade .  I got most of the coins in the "quicksand soft" road . Some easy diggin' and didn't have to hide the holes just fill 'em back in , I even filled in some ruts somebody trying to drive it left behind....

I had left a frozen target in an open hole overnight yesterday .It thawed out just enough to get the target .  It turned out to be a glob of aluminum foil ID 20. .. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 9:19 AM, rvpopeye said:

And YES 350 , I put WD 40 on it after use ! 😏  (those teeth are nastier than a bluefish)

Take care of your gear, and it will get you more Zincolns. 😎

• Haha 2

Only a 90 minute hunt today. A quarter , two dimes  , one copper memorial and two zincs. A

few pieces of lead , one rusty but usable nail ~ 20d (cuz I decided to dig a wacky ID signal just to see what it was). and two beaver tail halves giving nickel IDs.   

It's raining which will last 20 hours and one to two inches more for the ground to soak up. 

Looks like easy digging in the road continues and I'm only 1/3 of the way on just this road .

-1.6 low tides almost here too ! And that will be easy digging even if the rest freezes again.

I've been using the 11" and park2 . I need to go back to the 6" but that would slow me way down....

I'm going to spend one hunt digging just negative IDs  .

quack quack arrrrr quack quack arrrrr . two ducks and a pirate walked into a barrrrrrrrrr 

• Like 1