One More Before The Road - Relics, Coin

Gotta get my RV ready for a trip to the beach, this month going to Emerald Isle for my annual "Wife's Birthday" trip.

It was hot and humid this morning, the deer flies are nearing the end of their parasitic lifespan, so they were ravenous. Despite lots of bug spray they hit me over and over. The trick is to let 'em land and bite, they are reluctant to let go so you can kill them. Left quite a few in the dirt today. Unlike ticks, mosquitoes and chiggers, they don't leave an itchy welt.

Went back to the hill for about 4 hours, it's not that big an area but I wanted to get one more dig in before spending the rest of the week doing chores.20210705_093135.thumb.jpg.5dc247a46e7dadd93a84842993b75816.jpg

The hill is about 60 feet above the river, what is behind me is about the same size. There was a house here by old records. The evidence is brick and lots - lots - of nails and junk.

Dug quite a bit of trash, some of it masking the good stuff. Didn't find much but it was surprising, due to the fact that I have been over this area a lot of times with the standard Equinox coil. 20210705_150130.thumb.jpg.c165efd27b08d916e15b63a1eff89d6f.jpg

Only dug 4 keepers.20210705_145405.thumb.jpg.3bfd3b1f8a7772e60327d9ab24ce3775.jpg

Silver plated spoon, 1930 wheat, 1936 dog tag and the biggest surprise, a gold plated mid 1800s to 1900s button (I think). Even the shank was plated, the back says "EXTRA RICH" and the company name. I should mention that it was a 12 in a pile of iron nails, the Coiltek 10x5 "sniffed" it out.20210705_145925.thumb.jpg.cc74691ba1f9234cd7eeb8c56dfd5cbc.jpg

I haven't found a button in a while so this made my day. It's the best gold plated button I have found.

Next up: Beach Road Trip! 😀

Nice job, Those guilt buttons are always fun. I got 17 out of one hole a little while back.

Somebody lost their coat!

On 7/5/2021 at 8:17 PM, dogodog said:

Those guilt buttons are always fun.  (emphasis mine)

I've been tempted many times in the past at the play-on-words (sort of) that mis-spellings generate, but I couldn't pass this one up, and DoD (play on letters?) is usually a good sport so I don't think he'll be offended, at least I hope not.  So, is a guilt button kind of like a mood ring?  (Hey, there's money to be made next Christmas if you can convince the gullible public to go along!)

You got me GB, HA HA, Freudian slip, I probably was thinking how bad I feel for posting the silvers in your time of drought. It must have overwhelmed me. I doubt I could ever be offended by you pointing out my brain fart. Nice to see someone other than my wife keeping me in line. Sure wish you were closer, I would love to do a hunt with you, Of course I would have to blind fold you to protect the innocent.  Ha Ha