A Gold Whatzzit?

Compass

4 hours ago, Old Line Paul said:

A gold dog tag?

The basic shape is similar to a Canadian military dog tag but it's not for military use. 

Compass,

Well done.

What did it sound like all balled up like that?

8 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Compass,

Well done.

What did it sound like all balled up like that?

Thanks Mitchel, I was using my Excalibur on this particular hunt and the target had a very low "grunting" tone to it. It had  been a while since I had used the Excal and I had forgotten what a fun and effective detector it is.

17 hours ago, Old Line Paul said:

A gold dog tag?

There are places that make them as jewelry.... 

Compass will your excal hear the chain at all without the tag? I found a nice this 14k women's gold chain this year water hunting by accident digging a high tone which ended up being a dime lol 

strick 

2 hours ago, strick said:

There are places that make them as jewelry.... 

Compass will your excal hear the chain at all without the tag? I found a nice this 14k women's gold chain this year water hunting by accident digging a high tone which ended up being a dime lol 

strick 

Nope, I just checked. I thought that maybe the Excal would detect the clasp but not a peep - even rubbing against the coil. I also checked with my Equinox in Gold 2 mode and can get a repeating signal at 1 inch.

1 hour ago, Hamid said:

Congratulations 🎊🎉🍹🍹🙂 I don't see any strange on the gold, gold come from many ways as the people are different.  All the best next spin 😎

Thanks Hamid, It doesn't look as strange now that it is cleaned up and I know what it is. When I first found it I knew the chain was gold but the tag was a reddish-brown color and did not look like jewelry at all!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 4:40 PM, Compass said:

Thanks Hamid, It doesn't look as strange now that it is cleaned up and I know what it is. When I first found it I knew the chain was gold but the tag was a reddish-brown color and did not look like jewelry at all!

You're most welcome 🙂