** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

As far as what was Jacob thinking is concerned - well, I can see your point but as I recall he was only talking with the two barroom beauties. The loggers were kind of making a bigger deal out of it than it needed to be. And then there's Clay with the first punch. However, he was only doing what I was about to do which is defend Jacob. It could have been talked out but the loggers were drunk and looking for trouble as well. So we ended up getting 86'D out of the place. Yes, Jacob should have stayed down at our end of the bar I suppose.

I also thought about not posting that entry in the journal concerning the fight but figured it all should be there and it wasn't for me to decide what gets read. My problem now is this - I don't think Jacob would want me to post something where he gets trashed by some readers and isn't here to defend himself. He was one hell of a man. That is a fact. That's about all I have to say on this for now. I'm going to give the postings a break for awhile. 

It's been a long, hard ride. That I know from experience & the school of hard knocks.

45 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

I also thought about not posting that entry in the journal concerning the fight but figured it all should be there and it wasn't for me to decide what gets read. My problem now is this - I don't think Jacob would want me to post something where he gets trashed by some readers and isn't here to defend himself. He was one hell of a man. That is a fact. That's about all I have to say on this for now. I'm going to give the postings a break for awhile. 

Ohh no no man. I love Jacob and don't hold it against him one little bit for walking down to talk to the ladies. He had huevos rancheros man! All he did was what every red blooded MAN would want to do. But at the same time I am glad nobody got seriously hurt.

2 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

He wasn't ... and that is the problem! The 'old days' are gone but not for him. What is he 70 something at that time of the fight. He hated the loggers as much as the loggers hated him ... maybe more! Or at least that is how I read it.

LOL. Oh how I would have loved to see you say that to him back then. Face to face & man to man. Anyone who knew Jacob back then knows what would have happened.

3 minutes ago, Bedrocker said:

Ohh no no man. I love Jacob and don't hold it against him one little bit for walking down to talk to the ladies. He had huevos rancheros man! All he did was what every red blooded MAN would want to do. But at the same time I am glad nobody got seriously hurt.

He was the real deal. I only wish some of you could have known him. When you're insulting Jacob you're walking on the fighting side of me as Merle put it. 

3 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

LOL. Oh how I would have loved to see you say that to him back then. Face to face & man to man. Anyone who knew Jacob back then knows what would have happened.

What would have happened? I was complimenting Jacob...not trying to disrespect him in the least. I can't tell if you misunderstood me or not.

3 minutes ago, Bedrocker said:

What would have happened? I was complimenting Jacob...not trying to disrespect him in the least. I can't tell if you misunderstood me or not.

I was referring to another comment. No problem.

17 hours ago, dig4gold said:

Jacob can take full responsibility for starting that s#it fight. Not fair on the rest of you. What was he thinking??

D4G 

He was thinking that he wanted to talk with two ladies at the bar. Should not be a reason for two young guys to start shoving an old man around.

16 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

He wasn't ... and that is the problem! The 'old days' are gone but not for him. What is he 70 something at that time of the fight. He hated the loggers as much as the loggers hated him ... maybe more! Or at least that is how I read it.

Just an old man talking with two woman. No cause for young men to start shoving him around.