Another Way To Break A Pod

midalake

Fast service..........😒

Thanks for submitting a ticket. I do want to let you know that it looks like the warranty for your machine expired back in December 2020. I sent your ticket/email over to the technician to be sure and they confirmed, but you would be looking at needing a whole new control pod. Unfortunately, there are no serviceable parts on the control pods, aside from the battery. I wanted to let you know this, since the cost would be about $429 since the detector is out of warranty. I am sorry I don't have better news. 

3 hours ago, midalake said:

So my headphone connector went all the way into the pod and would not tighten. It seems like the it broke or unscrewed. Now my headphones will not work.

That sucks. 

You mean you can't plug wired headphones into the control module?  Do the onboard transmitters (Bluetooth and proprietary) still work?  Do you use this detector in the water?  (Sounds like if 'yes' then you'll have to add 'not anymore!')

52 minutes ago, midalake said:

...The cost would be about $429....

Sounds like for that price you'd be more than 1/2 way to a (3 year warrantied) N/M Legend and more than 1/4 of the way to a new XP Deus 2 (w/ 5 year warranty).  If you can sell the Equinox coils, WM08, ML80's, etc. you're even closer to one of those brand spankin' new detectors.  And maybe someone would buy your control module for parts.  If ML won't repair control modules there are others out there with similar issues.

7 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

You mean you can't plug wired headphones into the control module?

Yes, no more wired headphones.

7 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Do the onboard transmitters (Bluetooth and proprietary) still work? 

Yes, the detector is 100%, other than the rear jack. In fact, this detector runs smoother than my other 800.  

8 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Do you use this detector in the water? 

No, just in the splash zone. I have just ordered the phones that 350 Platinum just recommended. 

Also noticed the attachment screw bases that attach it to the rod are all cracked up. I don't even use the detector as a grip. Minelab Junk.

Deus needs to ship to Mexico now! 

There is a guy on one of the other forums (can't remember which) that wants to buy broken Nox pods to use for testing a new waterproof case he's designing, maybe he'll offer you more for yours.

Maybe glue the hole shut and go for it with just wireless, but too bad the base is cracked- what is up with that? 😞