Where The Antelope Play!

2 hours ago, ROCKINGCM said:

Square nail to gold coin ratio is spot on.   Really nice finds.  Are you using the Equinox? Looks like my typical DEUS hunt.    

It was before I got an Equinox. I was using an SD 2200d when I got the first signal, then switched to a Fisher CZ6a, a GB -2, an ML XT 1800, and went back and forth until I couldn't get a beep anywhere, then gridded it with the SD and a Fisher 2 Box.

• Like 2

Well done, and welcome to the gold coin club if this is your first!  Looks like your 1851 saw some circulation too, nice site. 

Is the "fist" gun hammer a custom part? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Well done, and welcome to the gold coin club if this is your first!  Looks like your 1851 saw some circulation too, nice site. 

Is the "fist" gun hammer a custom part? 

Thanks, first and last I suspect. Not sure what the fist is Cal, but not a gun part. Your guess is as good as mine 😄

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, paradiceau said:

Well done Mac, that is a beautiful coin!  Use due caution to avoid being run over by a speed goat.......

Thanks Jeff!  🐐

5 hours ago, BMc said:

Not sure what the fist is Cal, but not a gun part.

That looks to be a desk lock, as I can see where the 2 pieces go through the fist to form a handle. The latch is clearly visible.

I have seen something similar on many desks before.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 10:24 PM, BMc said:

It was before I got an Equinox. I was using an SD 2200d when I got the first signal, then switched to a Fisher CZ6a, a GB -2, an ML XT 1800, and went back and forth until I couldn't get a beep anywhere, then gridded it with the SD and a Fisher 2 Box.

Very nice.

About what year did you make those finds?

I hunted in South Pass for about 4 hours with a friend after the total solar eclipse in 2017.  Wow, has it been that long ago now?  haha  We didn't find anything but it is an interesting area for sure.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Very nice.

About what year did you make those finds?

I hunted in South Pass for about 4 hours with a friend after the total solar eclipse in 2017.  Wow, has it been that long ago now?  haha  We didn't find anything but it is an interesting area for sure.

Yeah Mitchell, the equipment I was using does tend to date the find(s) a bit. July 1999, Gold was $350.00 an oz. I went back in July 2019 and hope to go again this coming July; stopping at the Eugène's for a few days along the way.

55 minutes ago, BMc said:

stopping at the Eugène's for a few days

The Eugenes have been good to a lot of people but I still haven't gotten a nugget from there either.  

After I left the eclipse I drove to the Eugenes and spent the night and detected there all the next day.  The next time I make it there I'd spend more time around the bikini tree!  haha