Cold, nasty windy day today. March still isn't over. 😵 

I've been getting the RV and truck ready for a beach trip, but my wife wanted to rest a bit this afternoon, so she suggested I do some metal detecting. 😀 Happy wife, happy life. I decided to stick around and just hunt the yard for my tungsten ring that I have now lost for the third time, found it the last two times with my Equinox, it's a solid 12. It's really too big for my finger. It was only about a 3 hour hunt.

Today I used the Deus 2, I originally went over my yard with my Ace 400, it's what got me into metal detecting. I poked around the front yard, only found some .223/5.56 shells from when a deputy friend of mine came over to zero. Also dug a .45 shell under one of my trees, and a few aluminum bits from when the house was built that sounded too good.

I thought maybe I might have lost the ring in the driveway. I was surprised at how quiet the Deus is on gravel, the Equinox is pretty rough to use in a gravel driveway. It sounds off quite a bit. Managed to find two dimes, a nickel, and a penny in the gravel! Now I'm getting a sense of why others have found stuff in places they already detected, but I don't think I bothered to use the Equinox on the driveway. 😁

Didn't find the ring, so I went out in a field behind my house that was recently cleared. I've searched here before and dug nothing of interest, but was surprised.20220410_172702.thumb.jpg.cebeec0ec80d311cc782c587a67b8362.jpg

It's tough to swing a detector here, there is a lot of woody stubble left after the bush hog. I switched to Relic, as it will find large masses if held high off the ground. Instead I kept it at just above the stubble. Relic excels at beep/dig, there is only iron junk and the good stuff here, that's it.

Here's the take:20220410_205126.thumb.jpg.58510574e2f28a81fc645c55a89fada5.jpg

All modern coins and one 1700s Tombac button. I found a few of these Tombac buttons with the Ace which is what got me into this hobby. I've found a lot of them with the Equinox.

There's something really cool about Tombacs, the waxy feel and knowing they are old as old can be in colonized America. 20220410_205138.thumb.jpg.f3aa1a0dd4c63a5d3f9478d8e011f00f.jpg

With the Equinox you'll get a 4-9 with a bit of an iron tone, as usually the shanks were iron. On the Deus this was a solid 54 both ways, I was using Relic so the tone was of no use. Iron is 00 to 6.

I dug no iron today except what I wanted to, I think I'm getting better at this. There were a few nails left in the driveway.

I definitely like the Deus 2, I taught it to stand up today, going to try and teach it some more tricks. 🙄

Nice finds. Don't teach it to play dead or your gonna have to call it in for repairs 🙂

15 hours ago, kac said:

Nice finds. Don't teach it to play dead or your gonna have to call it in for repairs 🙂

Haha 🤣 out of likes and laughs for today. 😁 I'm sure it will learn to roll over until it gets the printed bipod for the cuff. 😀 Then it will know how to "sit" and "stay". 🙄 It already knows "roll over" 😵

It also had the dreaded "missing screw" bug that I saw in a Gigmaster video this morning. 🤣 20220410_183637.thumb.jpg.79a251b680c64e86d0f2d131fa13af75.jpg

Luckily I have an old can full of bolts. A really old one. 🤣

Glad you had some fun and found some nice things, and please let us know when you locate your ring.

Good luck and good hunting.

Dang, I'm out of likes too, but when the wife tells you to go detecting, that's a good day! Cool button too!! 😉

New macine losing screws?

Toss some thread locker on them. Dab of krazy glue on the threads will work too.

10 minutes ago, kac said:

10 minutes ago, kac said:

New macine losing screws?

Toss some thread locker on them. Dab of krazy glue on the threads will work too.

Apparently someone was watching a Gigmaster video and called it out. They saw the screw missing from the same spot mine was. Either some part of assembly was missed or they ran low on screws, everyone should look at their machine. I'll have to look in the box. 😁 The horror... 😨

I've got plenty of 242, red and blue. I tightened both pretty good! 😀 My ancient replacement is a long one, it will take a while.

Price of the machine they should have sent you a crate of screws or at least a tiny tube of glue LOL

1 minute ago, kac said:

Price of the machine they should have sent you a crate of screws or at least a tiny tube of glue LOL

Could have been the shop that insisted on putting it together for me too... "Where's this screw go?"

🤷‍♂️

On 4/10/2022 at 10:05 PM, F350Platinum said:

Haha 🤣 out of likes and laughs for today. 😁 I'm sure it will learn to roll over until it gets the printed bipod for the cuff. 😀 Then it will know how to "sit" and "stay". 🙄 It already knows "roll over" 😵

It also had the dreaded "missing screw" bug that I saw in a Gigmaster video this morning. 🤣 20220410_183637.thumb.jpg.79a251b680c64e86d0f2d131fa13af75.jpg

Luckily I have an old can full of bolts. A really old one. 🤣

I blue locktightededed mine up minute zero! Absolute first thing had driver and lock tight in hand before I lifted the box flap! Lol xp wasn't getting over on me,not today xp! Thanks whoever's video/post I saw shining light on loose screws!🤣