Gold Biosensor Being Developed

Im sure this is old news to some of you,this patent was applied for in 2014 by (Rebeca Lai),associate professor of chemistry at the University of Nebraska. 

I just recently seen this and thought it may be another tool for the guys wandering the creeks and streams.  The sensor is very small and uses a type of test strip that you use in the water supply you are testing.  They also test for silver ,mercury ,lead and other metals.  Supposed to be inexpensive,portable, on paper strips.  

The detected gold has to come from metalic gold,so if gold is found in a water supply, a gold deposit is somewhere nearby. I have not looked up the study on this yet but it sounds very 

Interesting.  we will be able to do our own testing of personal water supplies without hiring it done also they claim,if i can find the right understandable study I will get the link and post it. 

Rick

I have one of these though the operating principle is slightly different. It works by using optics and a logic circuit. I rarely go prospecting without it. It's called "using my head".

My head has a bit of short circuit so I think I'll go with the test strips if I can find them.