I Found An Old Spring! 2 Mercs!

Now that's a relic hunt! 👍 Nice badge, kinda hard to tell what it reads but Chattanooga always invokes railroads to me. 😀

Do you use historic aerials? Seems to me an old topo might show you where other houses were. I have similar houses in one of my permissions, some are still standing, others gone. Don't find much around them but I did dig a '25 Merc in front of one. Mostly junk , liquor containers and "butt cream" tubes. 🤣

Almost looks like a cold cellar that was blocked off. Pretty cool.

1 minute ago, F350Platinum said:

Now that's a relic hunt! 👍 Nice badge, kinda hard to tell what it reads but Chattanooga always invokes railroads to me. 😀

Do you use historic aerials? Seems to me an old topo might show you where other houses were. I have similar houses in one of my permissions, some are still standing, others gone. Don't find much around them but I did dig a '25 Merc in front of one. Mostly junk , liquor containers and "butt cream" tubes. 🤣

The badge says “west const co chattanooga tenn”.  I DID try to google that, but didn’t come up with anything old.  😂

I do use historic aerials but they only go back to the mid 80s.  Nothing shows up on any old topos.  

That is some Old iron. Very good & there's more there close by.

Nice site!  The mercs dates line up with the date on the spring, pretty cool 👍  Must be a 1916D Merc hiding out there somewhere eh?