Went Out Detecting Today With A Friend For 5 Hours

I enjoyed the day detecting today. I didn't find much but it was fine with me. It was great just getting out doing something.

We were in a big field behind an elementary school. It was all damp clay. My buddy thought it had city road dirt dropped on it years ago. In the past I have found some Indian Head pennies, Buffalo nickels, V nickels and few wheat pennies. Not a lot and they are spread over a large area.

I started today with the Legend and got the buckle and a couple coins and switched to the Gold Kruzer w/ 5x9.5dd coil. I was enjoying the Gold Kruzer relic hunting. I got the square nail with it. The Gold Kruzer hits iron relics very well which I like. Not many detectors can do that well and not many people like there detector hitting iron relics. The Tejon w/ a concentric was also very good hitting iron relics. I thought it was just analog detectors that could hit iron relics well with nails disc'd out. But I'm wrong the Gold Kruzer hits the iron relics. 

I think it the large range on the Gold Kruzer. Iron disc out at 22 and foil is at 48. That is a large range. I think that's why it works so well for gold nuggets and for iron relics. I enjoy digging iron relics. I suppose it's because I live in northern Michigan and it's a tougher area to find great stuff. That's why I'm really happy with the square nail lol. I consider that a great find for me. I was happy when I dug it up lol.

4.jpg

I thought so. I keep them all. I dug the nickel and checked again and had another hit. I thought there was another coin. My buddy checked it and had no hit. I had a great hit with the Gold Kruzer and pulled the square nail out. I can see that can be a problem for nugget hunters lol.

I'm finding the Gold Kruzer to a great relic hunter too. To bad there isn't more coils available for the Gold Kruzer.

I think it's fascinating to imagine what the relics and coins mean that I find in any specific place. That's a very large nail! I could probably rebuild the Brooklyn Bridge from all the nails I pass my coil over (and avoid) 😀

Have you checked an old topo map to see if there was an old house nearby? It could be illuminating. Topos had squares where dwellings were until the mid 60's.

• The title was changed to Went Out Detecting Today With A Friend For 5 Hours