New Vista X Coil

DeepTech has announced a new 8" solid round Concentric coil for the Vista X.

I am looking forward to seeing how this improves an already excellent Iron machine.

Sounds like a good coil. I wonder why it's solid.

That should do really well around iron infested grounds. My poor Tejon might have some competition now 😞

I spoke to Richard@Backwoods Detectors. He is placing an order within the next week so I will have one on the way.

DeepTech posted a short video on the Finds forum showing the new coil in their test garden. Good depth & tone ID.

• 1 month later...

I received my 8" round Concentric coil today from Richard at Backwoods Detectors, I also went ahead & got the SuperSix coil also. It is very dry here so the Iron is very well behaved. I won't be able to judge the Concentric until we get some rain to make the iron come alive. I think it will do well though. It separates almost as well as the 8"XS coil & is about as deep, hitting 8" targets solid & touching on my 10" Dime with less than Max settings. The SuperSix separates slightly better than the 8"XS & that is phenomenal. It soft hits 8" targets. Both are very stable. I'm glad I got both coils.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2022 at 4:04 AM, JCR said:

I received my 8" round Concentric coil today from Richard at Backwoods Detectors, I also went ahead & got the SuperSix coil also. It is very dry here so the Iron is very well behaved. I won't be able to judge the Concentric until we get some rain to make the iron come alive. I think it will do well though. It separates almost as well as the 8"XS coil & is about as deep, hitting 8" targets solid & touching on my 10" Dime with less than Max settings. The SuperSix separates slightly better than the 8"XS & that is phenomenal. It soft hits 8" targets. Both are very stable. I'm glad I got both coils.

i live in italy and the fields are very polluted with trash, foil and iron i have the vista x with stock coil.

i don't know if the small super six or the 8 concentric coil is better for my situation which one do you suggest?