Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

You guys go ahead and talk about your detector. Just rub it in being I don't have one.Haha

I know for a fact that White's got my MX Sport this morning at 9:39 and would you believe I don't have it back yet.haha

I don't remember for years of just having one detector

Chuck.

• Like 1

I wasn't a fan of the White's comparison video either. The MXT is one of the best general purpose metal detectors ever conceived. The unique combination of a Dave Johnson designed ground tracking system, a true analog tone ID and highly effective Coin/Relic/Prospecting modes continue to make the MXT a huge success. That's quite impressive for an electronic instrument engineered in 1998. The MXT Pro will always command a prominent position in my collection of detectors.

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

You guys go ahead and talk about your detector. Just rub it in being I don't have one.Haha

I know for a fact that White's got my MX Sport this morning at 9:39 and would you believe I don't have it back yet.haha

I don't remember for years of just having one detector

Chuck.

Got it here Chuck, I'll test it out for you after they finish the update (hopefully tomorrow?).

IMG_1039.JPG

• Like 5

HI Tom

It's good to see it made the trip. Like always do what you can when you can. Please let me know if you find anything on my pinpoint problem. Looking forward of getting it back and go coin hunting.

I'm glad to hear White's will make the MXT for a long time. Old men like John like detectors with knobs on it. Now young Bucks like me want the all digital detector like the MX Sport because we know at the end we'll be light years ahead.

Thanks Again Tom

Chuck

• Like 1

A question to all. Have you ever got a call from a detector company and their engineer wanting to talk with you on trouble you've had with their detector. Well at my time a little after 8 PM last night I got just that call. It was Tyler just wanting to ask some direct question on the problems I've been having on the MX Sport. Of all things my cell battery was low but we made it. I did call him this morning to answer a question that I couldn't remember at that time.

Right now if White's put out a broom handle calling it a detector *I'd have to buy it. I can't say for sure but I may have to send it back for a firmware update.

Another thing he said that he would make a video of my detector to see if I could see are hear a problem.

Mark this down who is taking care of us after the sale.

I have two names White's and Nokta. I'm finding out no matter the cost they won't stop until they make it right.

Chuck

Chuck, we got your detector all patched up. I tested it in our notorious BLACK SAND pit to make sure it was running ok. It did fine on the 6" quarter which is tough due to the mineralization. I also did a quick air test in normal search and pinpoint- did good on a quarter out to just over 12". 

We're sending a "THANK YOU" when we ship it out tomorrow for your patience.

• Like 1

Hi Tom

I thank you all that each of you have done. Looking forward to getting it back and out detecting with it.

Thanks again.

Chuck

On 5/12/2016 at 1:11 PM, Ridge Runner said:

A question to all. Have you ever got a call from a detector company and their engineer wanting to talk with you on trouble you've had with their detector. Well at my time a little after 8 PM last night I got just that call. It was Tyler just wanting to ask some direct question on the problems I've been having on the MX Sport.

Now that's what I call real customer service! Glad they are fixing you up Chuck. I know your dying to get out there to find and dig something.  I'm glad White's is showing the side of them that we most appreciate. 

• Like 1

Tom

I was having trouble to get the video to run but I got it going.Thanks

Terry & John

Yes I will be glad to get it back and get out to use it. i'd really like to know if it had trouble are was it short between the headsets on my end. If it gets mail tomorrow by UPS then I'll get it Monday week.. Whatever it is I'll be waiting.

Chuck

• Like 1

Well got a notice that UPS has got my detector and it's on the way by 2 day air. They show it should be here on this Thursday.

It will be good to get it back home. This detector got more time on the road than I have in a long time. A thanks to White's ,Tyler and Tom for all they've done. What's being ship in coming in two package and I know it only take one for the detector. They said I was going to get the 9.5 concentric coil free for my trouble. I wait for that coil with great interest on seeing just how well it runs on the MX Sport.

I don't have any Oak tree but I may run a yellow ribbon around the tree I got to welcome it home.

I'll post later on my thinking on working with the different coils and the one I like best.

Till Then

Chuck

• Like 2