Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

Sorry to hear of all your troubles Chuck and that it has come to this,  Tom has been excellent through all this so I thank him for his time and efforts and respectfully there is only so much he can do in his position within the company,

I am so unsure about this machine because the issue's keep changing and I thought that every machine Built after the 24/3/2016 was supposed to have the software update where the SAT went up to 8 yet the New one you got sent only goes up to 6, I can't imagine how you feel but I know I am confused from reading how many issue's there are from one machine to the other, I am so Glad that the MXT is still in production to the point I might even buy another one as a Backup,

Anyway Chuck I hope this all works out in the end, I know whites will stick by you no matter what,

Take Care Chuck,,,  John

thats sad chuck.

if im correct your new one takes sat 6,. iff it was a new one out of the white,s  factory it must be sat 8 .

somthing is not right,  why do you have so much troubles with the mx, 

my own i expect in 9 day.s i told them sure itt wil be a sat 8 machine,

if its not its going back,  like you say we need a good machine, i sold my daily xlt e series for it,. 

strange.,  see whats next chuck, ik hope this time you have a winner, with the new one if you send this one back,,,

21 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Well Tonya from Treasure Electronics in Ok. has went on vacation. The lady that did answer the phone said she really didn't  know and it would be best for me to call White's.

I believe Tom and Tyler will read this today and will contact me. If not for any reason they don't I'll  send them a PM on here and they always answer. They may not like what we say but they have never turn their back on us. 

Here I am again I like the MX Sport but I don't want it with all the bugs it got. I don't want it back until everything is fixed. The trouble is I don't want to have to wait how ever long that takes. I need a coin detector now not a month are a year from now. I order this one 3-14-16 so you can see I've been at this a long time. For the time I've had the MX Sport has been spent testing not coin hunting. Now with the new one here I'm again testing.

Right now I'll do without a waterproof detector and won't get my feet wet. Just give me a great coin detector and I won't darken your door again. If I want to beach hunt I've got PI detectors to do that and one is waterproof.

Chuck.  

Chuck - man, I am so sorry for all the headaches. You know about Murphy's Law? Guys like you and me are living examples of it...

I'm gonna give your phone number to Mary and have her give you a call to fix this. We will send you a brand new MX Sport from the factory with the correct firmware. Even if I have to buy it for you myself.

Tom

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Right now I'll do without a waterproof detector and won't get my feet wet. Just give me a great coin detector and I won't darken your door again. If I want to beach hunt I've got PI detectors to do that and one is waterproof.

Chuck.  

Chuck, I talked with Mary and we will send you a brand new detector with the correct firmware since you've had so much trouble. Please give us until Wednesday to contact you. If you don't hear from anyone by then please contact me directly Thursday morning and I will help further.

Tom

The firmware update didn't totally fix the other MX Sport and I don't think another will be a fix either. The 10 inch coil was so noisy even with the new firmware update you really can't use it. I'm not the only one that has said that.

I'll take a loss but if I send this MX Sport back I don't want another. I just don't want to spend the next two years of my warranty sending it back. I'll be more than willing to take a loss and pay the difference of another detector. Like said before I need a good coin detector and nothing else.  The waterproof part on the MX Sport just sounded good to have but i CAN DO WITHOUT IT.

Thank You

Chuck 

Chuck, got it. Where I hunt the 10" DD is fine on the MX Sport, I can run it wide open with no problems. But I know each area is different. Sometimes a machine just isn't a good match, and when that happens there's not much you can do about it except for move on.

Check out the MXT All Pro with the 950. It's a proven detector, easy to use, and a usable backup gold detector to boot. About the same price as the MX Sport, but has years of history behind it so you shouldn't have any problems with firmware. I can't guarantee the EMI problems you're experiencing will be any better with it, but YMMV.

Tom

I too was just looking at the MXT All Pro with the 9'5 coil and I'll need that 5.3 small coil but not a DD one. You didn't take me to raise and I'll pay whatever the difference is. I like the big screen to look at but I haven't had trouble with the small one on the Eagle..

I thank you for putting up with me and I know you  and White's have done everything to make it right.

Chuck

PS Remember I do have the 6 x 10 DD and it only fits the MX Sport.  .  

Chuck I don't think you will have issues running the MXT A/P at high Gain, I can turn mine up to 10 +2 in C&J  or the Prospecting mode and it runs smooth and in the Relic mode I can run it flat our and it is stable which is why I can get such huge differences on coins compared to what you get, But one thing to take in to account I live in the City and there is a High Voltage Railway Subway about 6 or 8 feet below my floor and it still works fine,

good luck mate, john

John

Thanks for your input. I do believe you and Tom are correct on what's  best for me.

Take care!

Chuck

Well I thought that you should know that I am in the City with every form of EMI technology one can imagine and the fact that my MXT A/P with the 10" DD works well in such an environment So I believe if mine works here it should be ok where you are,

hope that helps,, Take care.

john