Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

Post away, just start new threads on new subjects, that's all I ask. Otherwise people looking for information in old posts will never find it being buried deep in threads on different subjects - that is why I am a stickler on threads being kept on topic - to benefit other people in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a multi-line dealer that just added whites.  I was told the mx sports i ordered were latest firmware.  However, the one i just opened to demo only has 6 sat and pin point volume to only about 6" depth.  This seems like its not current.  How is a dealer to know the detectors he or she sells is as advertised?  This is very discouraging.

It appears that no one wants to welcome new members here???? As far as the data that you seek I know that even the company has little reliable recorded information as far as the up dates they are doing or the updates they have done. This is proven by them sending out back to customers units that were stoked with the wrong updates. A review of the files here will verify this. I feel that the company still as of today does not have a firm handle on their released new equipment and that process is still "a work in progress". Being a new dealer for them and having to be between a loyal customer and the manufacturing organization, to me is a spot I would not want to be in. My thought would be to just not sell anything by them until you as a dealer receive firm verification and solid information from the company relating to the the type of questions that you asked when you joined our forum. Again welcome to our forum DetectingMO. Good luck. 

It is not a matter of not wanting to welcome a new forum member. Welcome DetectingMO! It is that as a dealer the only appropriate solution here is to pick up the phone, call White's, and get the answers directly.

I think the inability to know without question what firmware version any MX Sport is actually running has placed this model under a cloud. It appears still to be a total roll of the dice buying one new off the shelf, and good luck buying one used.

Other companies in similar positions do at least make machines that display the firmware version. Anyone buying an old Gold Bug model (any with a screen) need only hold the pinpoint button when the unit powers up, and the firmware version will display. Where is this function on the MX Sport?

I posted here because White's is following this thread as well as consumers/users.  Perhaps this could help them and their distribution chain communication.  Also, they are just now open in the last hour or so I thought I may get some insight sooner posting.

I purposely waited a couple months to add the line in hopes all units would now be current in all distribution channels but no...not the case.  Sigh...

The best way to know if you have the latest firmware is the SAT. You should have 8 levels.

Thank you guys for your patience. We're listening to your feedback, and we'll always make things right with our customers. Sorry for the hiccup on the MX Sport, if you have any issues please call us at the factory for help. That's the quickest way to get assistance as our army of web people is me, and I am (unlike the legendary Steve Herschbach) a mere mortal. But I'm trying!