Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

Thank you guys for your patience on this. I wish I could take the credit for helping Chuck out but the truth is Pam from production, Debbie in shipping, Todd in repairs, and even internet-famous Steve Howard all pitched in.

Whatever image you have of White's, know that there are people here who care about this hobby. People that will sweat and bleed to go the extra mile for customers. I guess I'm one of them now. Never thought I'd end up in customer service but I gotta say I like it!

Later this week I'm going on a prospecting/ghost town hunting trip for about a week down in Nevada. I should be back on the forum after the 1st or 2nd of June, and I'm hoping to have a nice video of the trip soon after that.

• Like 3

Tom

You have been the guy we've made contact with so that makes you Mr. White's Electronics. I don't hear are see another person. I only know your the one from White's  that I was dealing with but it's good to hear about the others behind the seen. I know a company don't run on just one person but being your the one up front it lands on the shoulders of you.

Have a good trip and above all be safe. I too am looking forward to a long trip at the end of June with my MX Sport, SPP and GMZ. Just maybe another one are two. I'll have to leave one to hold up the wall.

The Best to you 

Chuck

Rico

If you spend a lot of time coin hunting you may want the 9.5 concentric coil. I'm not saying it's better than the 10 in. DD coil but the other works for me in the not so hot ground. I'd like even a smaller coil about 6 to 7 inches. I'd want it to be a concentric coil. 

Now that MX Sport is one hot detector and I find you don't need to run the sensitivity at the top end. I myself find it has great depth with the sen. set at 5. Don't get me wrong you can run it at the top but I just see no need to do so .

That firmware update just made the MX Sport a complete new machine. Now that's my opinion.

Chuck

• Like 2

What I would like to see this fall from White's is:

New and improved MX Sport 2. No need to send us your machine. You can now update your firmware by downloading the latest version from our website. Plug in USB cable and run the downloaded software. Never question what software you have. The new version of firmware will display the version number, IE: 3.5.4 will be displayed on the screen. A stronger arm cuff has been released. No more wired headphones. The MX Sport 2 has wireless headphone capability. We have wireless headphones that are available or use our wireless head phone adapter that is included. Just plug in your favorite headphones to the module and your ready to go detecting. We have also reduced the weight to 3 pounds (including batteries). Just more innovations from White's Electronics.

I'm just dreaming!

• Like 1

lol mike,

ehm i like it also but. then i must wait again, and i cost me agian money. usely i keep a detector 5  till 10 years.,

my wife is killing me,  and thats not a joke, 

and chuck the 10 dd is good for now, i run at sense  5  treshold 1  in coin and jewelry. its perfect in my  search fields

we have two sorts ground pead and clay.  and  some sand for beach hunting. 

ive walked lon with the 950., on the dfx and xlt, super coil,  but for now i like the mx as the way it is,  mabey next year get the 2 other coils

like steve said before a bigfoot coil  is also nice,

years ago i searched much 2world war stuff  where i live is the last liberated area in the netherlands. we have much  pillboxes and large air defense  bunkers and bases,. and that stuff is deep,  

John

Between me planing a trip and all the rain we've been getting here it's hard to get any testing done' Right now it's been raining so much but come July everything will be burning up and then where is the rain.

With the detecting I've done so far the MX Sport for me is working great. The only problem I'm having is I need to forget what my Eagle 2 done for me over 20 years and think only of the MX Sport.  I'll tell you one thing and that is plan on digging deeper. I'll get back with you when I learn more of the in and out of the MX Sport.

That trip won't be until the end of June but going to use the MX Sport for some prospecting too. Want to see what the 6 x 10 coil can do are not do nugget hunting. Got other detectors for that job but like show and tell.haha

Till Then

Chuck

• Like 1